When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Taking the franken plunge

username here

I might regret this, but, I'm going to build a 1680 franken. Should I get the V3 from bk and drill lug holes?

Or, ideas on the correct base/case to start?

I've got a few gen pieces- gen 127, gen crown, clasp and spring bars. I'm looking for:

correct bracelet- or rep that's correctly polished

Dial/hands

movement

I've got a gen 16223 case, bezel, clasp, dial. Anybody want/need parts, or interested in a trade?

Wow! I'm sorry, but you seem to be way off base.

There is absolutely no correlation between a 1680 and a V3 case- two different beasts and bk sells WM9 16610's, not V3's.

A 16223 is a Datejust.

So maybe you want some 1680 parts and are willing to trade a DJ.

I would suggest you spend a little more time reading and studying because everyone here is having a hard time figuring out just what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck

Wow! I'm sorry, but you seem to be way off base.

There is absolutely no correlation between a 1680 and a V3 case- two different beasts and bk sells WM9 16610's, not V3's.

A 16223 is a Datejust.

So maybe you want some 1680 parts and are willing to trade a DJ.

I would suggest you spend a little more time reading and studying because everyone here is having a hard time figuring out just what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck

That is helpful- sorry I wasn't more clear. Here's what I'm trying to do. I'm planning to build a great white. I've got a few parts. I was hoping to trade parts of a datejust that I've got for Submariner parts.

The question about the Submariner case- I thought the V3 was a BK model- thanks for the info. Will the BK version w/ drilled lugholes be the best base to start?

AFAIK, bk has no case with lugholes.

You need to order a 1680 from someone like Eurotimez- the MBK/MBW one and get it with the white dial. The 1680 has a plastic crystal, dial says 200m=660ft.

It's the first date model sub that ran from the late 60's until around 1980 when it was reoplaced by the 16800- the first model with the sapphire crystal and quick set date feature.

Here's one that looks very good:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/1680-Franken-Ziggy-t94807.html

Maybe this will help you.