When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Ideas?

GB109

On a sh*$y note; I will be losing my job at the end of April :cry2: I have stated before that I work in research, and unfortunately of the 3 grants I wrote we were not awarded one. (of course those grants included my salary for the next 2 years :mellow: )

Anyway what I do have is a plane ticket worth 700usd (after change fee) :thumbsupsmileyanim: I had to cancel a business trip to China and the flight was nonrefundable / transferable.

So I'm looking for some ideas on where to go. Some place that's cheap (since I don't have a new job yet) I love a good experience and truly enjoy other cultures. I'm not the touristy type; i like to meet the people. I have until November 09 to use this ticket. Other than English I don't really speak any other language (some German and some French but by no means fluent)

So tell me what you think guys! I can't wait to use my "severance package" :rolleyes:

Geneva

Sorry to hear about the job loss. Probably not alot of consolation, but you are definitely not alone these days.

Have you been to the UK? Great sights, great people & they all speak English........well, sort of ;) . There are a number of interesting watch dealers in Mayfair that make the trip more than worthwhile for those of us with watch fetishes. Then, if you live in the STL area of MO (& have any money left upon return from the UK), you might treat yourself to a wonderful Sunday brunch at the Art Museum & then maybe visit some of the watch dealers in Clayton. Who knows, you might even find some (temporary) employment selling watches there. Just a thought.