When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 250 Daylight from Homer

Beamen

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to rep watches, but an interested in the Pam250. I've been lurking on the site and reading up on all the info and am ready to make my first purchase.

Has anybody had one of these off Homer? http://www.rwg.cc/members/Pam250-2006-Daylight-t53195.html

I'm looking to get as close to the gen as possible visually, but obviously want it to function well to. Is this a good replica or can I get better?

All advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Will

Check the date of homers original post.....???

This is a good replica and maybe as good as they come. There's no reason it shouldn't be a good watch for many years with care and servicing. It is not a patch on the gen despite how close it is cosmetically so don't try to kid yourself or others

It is available from many of the collectors listed on this board. Search their galleries as you did to find homers

Welcome

FGD

Hi,

the genuine has AR coating. this one not. that is quite a flaw. For the rest a very good watch. send the crystal of to chief and maybe do a relume and you will have a stunning watch. I advice to buy it with a steel strap. if you want leather, aftermarket panerai straps are A LOT better than rep panerai straps which are quite crappy.

other panerais have a good AR coating. for instance the Arktos / Arktos GMT or pam252 North Pole to name a few.

Will: welcome to the forum nice to have you on board B)

i too have been looking at homer's daylight but never pulled the trigger. i agree with HOOK to get the SS bracelet on any PAM model as aftermarket strap dealers from custom to ready for sale are a plenty; plus you will have immediate versatility with your pam - bracelet look or leather strap look. :)

to sum up my take on purchaseing reps (+/-) ...

• buy what you personally like, wear them in great health, never pass it off as a GEN to avoid the possibility of getting called out.
  • continue reading and reading and reading this forum
  • buy quality over quantity!!!
  • after you do your reasearch, PM some members (with discretion) directly who may have further good information on a brand / model (ie. rolex=by thor).
  • i like to buy from the proven dealers on this site (i deal with a particular dealer who has been PERFECT and spot on)
  • also check out, search and possibly buy from the member trade area (if you are fortunate you get the benefit of the brand/model and someone has already checked out the watch, enjoyed and is now ready to get the next "latest and greatest" or the next watch he/she personally likes but does not like the gen cost
  • oh the most important thing, after you get your "rep / grail watch" share it with us through pictures.

thread lightly my friend on the reps and straps as you will become a "rep/strap-a-holic" not to mention the temptation to buy aftermarket buckles :):rolleyes::)

enjoy the forum and the ride!

prince