When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 7753 into a rep Navitimer

polexpete

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you try it, but I don't think it will work. Because of the transfer gear module on the 3-6-9 on the A7750, it is slightly thicker than a 7750 or 7753. The crown and pusher holes have been adjusted for that, and I don't believe they would align properly with a 7753 in that case. From what I have heard, the 6-9-12 case is different as to accommodate the unmodified A7750, but I am not sure if the 7750 and 7753 are the same depth.

To make this work I think at the very least you would need the following:

Serie Speciale (6-9-12) case

2004 Navitimer (3-6-9) caseback

Genuine dial (needs to be ground down about 1mm as its too big)

Lello datewheel (provided it will fit in a 7753)

Of course you will need to AR the crystal as well

If all these pieces fit together you should have a decent franken-Navi, but the individual digits on the date will still be pointing in the wrong direction, and unless you can find an old school case, the slide rule markings will not line up properly.

Hope this helps, its been a project that I contemplated for years, but the risk cost was just too great to take. As you already have the most expensive component, the ETA 7753, it may be something that you could try. I'd contact The Zigmeister for clarification as to whether a 7753 and unmodified 7750 have the same dimensions before you even begin.

Cheers,

A

The 7753 is thinner than the 7750 so that is a good start.

Actually not a good start. As the dial is in a fixed position (against the slide rule ring) the crown and pushers may not align with the holes in the case. Again, it would be an experiment, but as he already has the movement it would not be that expensive an experiment. He could buy a fighters Navi and a rep 3-6-9 dial, and try it. If it doesn't work he's still got the Fighters and is only out the cost of the rep dial. If it works, then he could start sourcing the expensive pieces.

Guest Sql_pl

Don't forget the date changing pusher of 7753 - how will you change date in Navitimer?

I believe Swiss HBBs were made of swiss 7750 nd rep chrono module on top, not 7753. Even gen HBB is not 7753 powered.

I know that, gen navis don't have quickset date, so no hole needed, and I know the HBB's as well, but this guy modded it with a 7753! He even drilled the case for the pusher (altough it's inaccurate...)! Take a look at repgeek!

Greetz.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you try it, but I don't think it will work. Because of the transfer gear module on the 3-6-9 on the A7750, it is slightly thicker than a 7750 or 7753. The crown and pusher holes have been adjusted for that, and I don't believe they would align properly with a 7753 in that case. From what I have heard, the 6-9-12 case is different as to accommodate the unmodified A7750, but I am not sure if the 7750 and 7753 are the same depth.

To make this work I think at the very least you would need the following:

Serie Speciale (6-9-12) case

2004 Navitimer (3-6-9) caseback

Genuine dial (needs to be ground down about 1mm as its too big)

Lello datewheel (provided it will fit in a 7753)

Of course you will need to AR the crystal as well

If all these pieces fit together you should have a decent franken-Navi, but the individual digits on the date will still be pointing in the wrong direction, and unless you can find an old school case, the slide rule markings will not line up properly.

Hope this helps, its been a project that I contemplated for years, but the risk cost was just too great to take. As you already have the most expensive component, the ETA 7753, it may be something that you could try. I'd contact The Zigmeister for clarification as to whether a 7753 and unmodified 7750 have the same dimensions before you even begin.

Cheers,

A

Thanks guys particularly you Andrew, thought you would be a good source for info. According to the eta webste the 7750 and 7753 share the same dimensions. I have the (6-9-12) case and AR crystal. No, the Lello won't fit 7753.

Well we'll see how it all goes once the 7753 arrives, i'll keep you all post on progress. I can always re-sell the 7753 if all else fails.

Cheers

P.

Are you planning on a gen dial? Definitely keep us updated, I'd love to see how this works out!

Yes a gen dial is all i need now to put this together. Recieved the movement today and te base watch with Chiefs AR is on its way.

I'll keep you updated and if i have time i'll do a pictorial on its progress

Cheers

P.

When I first got involved in the rep scene about five years back, I recall seeing a post about a guy installing a pusher in his rep for a quick date set function. Too long ago to remember the details but it must be possible.

Hi Andrew, i'm not too worried about the quickdate function. I have a couple of 7734 manual wind watches which have no quickdate function at all. Leaving it on a winder is one way around it.

Btw also have a Valjoux 7750 Navi in the making too. Will post it when its done in next week or so...

P.

• 1 month later...