When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all Tag Link Chrono owners..

danza1812

I currently dont own a rep and after much contemplation and deliberation have decided my next will be the tag link chronograph with black dial. (always exciting when choosing your next watch isnt i?)

Im still undecided whether to go for the older model with brushed bezel or the newer polished bezel model.

Could you post me some pics/comments you have about your watches including when and where you got them from, inaccuracies you may have noticed, what do you like about this watch, what dont you like etc? Have you had any mods - double AR, datewheel etc?

Having studied By Tors review amongst others it seems that there is some difference in the size of the chrono pushers, obviously I am after the most accurate version whichever style that would be.

Please help me out so I can enjoy my return to the world of replica wristwatches!

In much anticipation........

Mine is the one from the link on By-Tor's guide, and it's the brushed bezel. I've ordered it not long ago from PT, great service cannot fault him personally.

The watch does not have AR on the gen, so I decided not to change that either. The only fault I can find with the rep is the incorrect date font, it's really a small difference, but when you know it, it does bug you. Although about 99.99% of people would not tell the difference.

The bracelet is great, time keeping is better than my laptop! (Which needs to be updated every now and then).

Some photos,

img2652.jpg

img2668.jpg

img2677m.jpg

Overall, I'm glad I went for this version. The newer model to get it upto scratch you need to get it AR'd, then it will always not have the display case-back which the gen has.

I am also not a big fan of tachymeter on the bezel, feel that it overcomplicates the watch a bit, but then some people LOVE that, look at the Breitlings as an example.

But then it's down to you! Good luck and I am sure you will make the right choice.

Maxim,

Thanks for that, to be honest i like the brushed version but was put off by the datewheel, caseback and most importantly to me the size of the chrono pushers in ROLEXMANs review.

Could you confirm that the one you got from PT had accurate sized pushers an a better looking datewheel?

Also, I know its probably the lighting but the lume dots on the outside of he dial look a little 'yellowish',

Thanks again,

Matt

Compared to this photo from Rolexman's review,

7008-5506.jpg

The DW is extremely different and is not the same font at all. Definite improvement. With regards to the lume dots, they are not yellowish, I think it's just the hume of the photo.

The Chrono pushers, as here in Rolexman's are round

7008-5508.jpg

The ones on the newer model, are just as the gen,

link3.jpg

img2660.jpg

The case back is also different, with Rolexman's being oblong shaped whereas mine is more defined as in previous pictures

7008-5510.jpg

The newer model is definitely an improvement, and I would recommend it without a doubt.

Thickness it measures up as 14mm from top to bottom, if you include the glass then 16mm. Width including crown is 45mm, dial size is 34mm, including bezel 40mm.

As for wristies, just took these now for you. If you want to get one, PT is your man :)

img5432a.jpg

img5437.jpg

img5438t.jpg

P.S. I know I have small wrists