When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Submariner Z model help

terry72

I have found a 2006 Z model SS /date submariner for $3000.00 I'm going to buy it sunday I was going to meet the seller at a rolex to verify it but there are closed easter sunday. I dont want it to be sold out from under me he has all boxes and paper work and org receit. So my question is this a good price and can some one give me pointer in what to look for so I can make sure its gen..

Thanks

WEDS is my next day off. He said that would wait till then but if he got a better pice he would sell it. I can't blame him I just dont want to loose it. I read about REPs alot and ordered a WM9 SS From BK so I kind of know what to look for does a "Z" model have the etched crown on the crystal, Holo sticker, and engraving on the rehault. Thanks for the help.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, its $1200 less than I sold a Z serial unworn 16610 for 6 months ago.YES, $3k is a great price... almost TOO GOOD of a price.

I just checked some of the forums and it appears that with box and papers and near new condition is still fetching $4000-$4200.

Do you have pictures to share? I still have the pictures of mine if you would like to compare.

T

dscn06592.jpg

dscn06612.jpg

dscn06632.jpg

dscn06672.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I do not have any pics of this watch. I have not seen it I have just e-mailed him . I talked to him on the phone I he told me what it came with and was will for me to come to his house or meet me at a Rolex dealer. I did do some pricing on the bay and saw that thay where going in the low 4's figure I could make 1000 - 1200

Guest carlsbadrolex

That is correct, if the package is complete you can easily get $4000-$4200.

To answer your questions I missed before.

Rehaut engraving = YES

Hologram sticker = NO, the sticker should be clear with 16610 on it.

If he hasnt removed it, there should be protective stickers all over the damn place and the bar code on the 9 oclock side of the case.

If you meet at an AD, dont just let them take off the band and verify the serial number and reference numbers are present. I just spoke to an AD two days ago who did a verification for someone and found a 2892-2 shoved in the case of a gen 16600 just last week. I would have loved to see how they managed to secure that movement in the case.