When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera Chrono

ImpX

Hello,

I am quite new here, studied all the knowledge base material and so for a while...

I am interested in these watches Tag Chrono automatic, but I am quite confused about the differences in movement,

What difference does different movement do in each replica? I expecially mean difference in subdials functions and second hand...

This is the 21j version: "http://www.watcheden.com/tag-heuer-carrera-chronograph-automatic-white-dial-with-black-bezel-same-chassis-as-7750-high-quality-i-11254-p-1.html"

And this is the Asian 7750 version: "http://www.watcheden.com/tag-heuer-carrera-chronograph-asia-valjoux-7750-movement-white-dial-with-black-bezel-i-10965-p-1.html"

I am just a student, want them for daily use, so it would be nice to clear these things out, and if there is no big difference I'll rather take the 21j version to save some bucks...

Cheers, ImpX

On the 21j version, you will not get the working chronograph. The only working chronograph which is automatic is the 28,800 version. That version also has the display case back (Can see the movement at the back, as per original).

If you just want a working watch with a chronograph, get the cheap Quartz version, it will keep great timing, and cost you less than the 7750 Model. For more information just look in the Tag Heuer section for stickied threads, they have great reviews.

Link Here to TH Section

You should also note that the Reps on the Watcheden site often lack the quality that the other dealers on here have, so I would recommend checking out the Trader Section.

Examples of Quartz Models

http://www.watcheden.com/tag-heuer-carrera...-25212-p-1.html

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=901

http://www.jpc8118.com/tgca10103-carrera-2...ono-p-5624.html

Well if you look the first link to 21j version, the case back is transparent,and in description they say that same case as in 7750 model is used...

And about the chronos, they say that "Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time chronograph dials",does this mean also that stopwatch work or what it means?

http://www.watcheden.com/pic.php?p=USBdL1I...VExViYLZVRiB2M=

http://www.watcheden.com/pic.php?p=USBdL1I...VExViYLZVRiB2M=

The movement is completely different on those.

With regards to the "Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time chronograph dials", I assume that means that instead of being used for Chrono functions, they are constantly moving to display the 24hr Clock, the Day and the Month on the other two, however as the case is the same as A7750, instead of changing everything to show which day/month it is, it would be impossible to decipher the meaning.

The stopwatch will not work on the 21j.

With regards to the "Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time chronograph dials", I assume that means that instead of being used for Chrono functions, they are constantly moving to display the 24hr Clock, the Day and the Month on the other two, however as the case is the same as A7750, instead of changing everything to show which day/month it is, it would be impossible to decipher the meaning.

The stopwatch will not work on the 21j.

As usual Maxim is on spot. The 21j movt rep are big tell, they scream FAKE all over the place, in a real chrono the running secs is one of the subdial and the center secs hand is for chrono. In the 21j the running secs is the center hand, so it's running all the time. Also the Day-Month-Military time subdials are big let down, in a chrono the min & hours counter are lineup in a vertical position, in the 21j the subdials hands are going to be pointing everywhere.

As Maxim mentioned, if you want to save some money, look for a Quartz version, they are not that far from the gens and are much more cheap than the A7750 chrono automatic versions.

Let the 21j movt for watch without chrono function, those just with H-M-S. The 21j is workhorse, so it's great on those models and you will save money.

If you want to learn a little more about movts, go to the Movement Q&A section (HERE)

Well everybody thanks for help, so I decided for this model,

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1618 , gonna order it soon, hope it is right choice :-P.

The panda dial is great. I have the racing black one with the red hands on its way.

Another consideration might be the new day date one which is slightly larger...busier dial which you may or may not like.

Well everybody thanks for help, so I decided for this model,

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1618 , gonna order it soon, hope it is right choice :-P.

Been looking at this watch for a while - debating with myself wether to order it or not - wasn't too sure about the white stitching?

I definately wanted a leather strap - so would be really interested in your thoughts once you receive it.

Kul

I definately wanted a leather strap - so would be really interested in your thoughts once you receive it.

Don't worry too much about the straps. Bracelets are another issue as they are sometimes not available separately, but with straps, all you really want is the tang buckle. With very regular wear, a strap might only last 6 months (even a gen one)...so you go through them. This being said, you will probably want to look at getting another strap anyways regardless.

Focus on the watch head...the rest you can swap out inexpensively.

Don't worry too much about the straps. Bracelets are another issue as they are sometimes not available separately, but with straps, all you really want is the tang buckle. With very regular wear, a strap might only last 6 months (even a gen one)...so you go through them. This being said, you will probably want to look at getting another strap anyways regardless.

Focus on the watch head...the rest you can swap out inexpensively.

Valid point. :D

Been looking at this watch for a while - debating with myself wether to order it or not - wasn't too sure about the white stitching?

Kul

Ordered it today after figuring out some problems with credit card at the bank (that bank is awfully slow),

I'll write, once I receive them...

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday the watches arived, I have the school leaving exams in 3 weeks, so I quite out of time,

Date Ordered: Thursday 23 April, 2009

Ship (P/U) date: Apr 28, 2009

Delivery date: May 4, 2009 12:31 PM (Well they were 30th April in my city, but then there were 3 days holiday+weekend).

Here I throw in some snapshots.

So the dial shot, (the luminous dots are bit missaligned with hour marks on dial, is that common on such a replicas?)

p5050021e.th.jpg

Back shot (Rotor seems updated compared to pictures from site, but the regulator is still missing. Screws are colored dark blue, it is just the photo which makes them look black...)

p5050022.th.jpg

And Strap clasp shot (it is focused on damage done to strap after resizing, after you resize the strap, clasp will leave visible cut on outer leathar of the strap, each resize = 1 cut)

p5050028.th.jpg

Also, they are loosing like 13 seconds a day (did not count it exactly till now), is that anyhow fixable by letting it being serviced by watchsmith, and how much does it approximately cost(I am interested just in your price assessment, since I am aware of that I am living in different country ;-) ) ?

Other then this, watches seems pretty nice. :-)

The last thing I'd like to ask, if it apply for this watch that I shall not adjust date during 10:00pm to 3:00am, and hitting the second button for chronos during they run... It was told about movement "Asian 7750b1". Movement in these watches was marked as some kind of "New Asia Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph)", so I am bit confused about this.

Cheers, ImpX

You could wait a couple of weeks, wearing it daily, maybe the break in period solve the problem. I am not sure if this is myth or not, I has worked sometimes to me in the past.

Anyway for the watchsmith is a really easy adjustment and a cheap one. I really don't how much is going to cost you because I regulate my own watches, but for sure is going to be cheap.

Also, they are loosing like 13 seconds a day (did not count it exactly till now), is that anyhow fixable by letting it being serviced by watchsmith, and how much does it approximately cost(I am interested just in your price assessment, since I am aware of that I am living in different country ;-) ) ?

...The last thing I'd like to ask, if it apply for this watch that I shall not adjust date during 10:00pm to 3:00am, and hitting the second button for chronos during they run... It was told about movement "Asian 7750b1". Movement in these watches was marked as some kind of "New Asia Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph)", so I am bit confused about this.

Hey Imp,

Congrats on the watch. Mine just arrived yesterday and I'm wearing it now. Beautiful watch.

As to losing 13s/day...don't worry about it. If you can get it within 20s...you're doing fine. Some people regulate to within 6 seconds...but hey...it's not noticeable and not worth the effort really. It's a fun exercise though if you want to try it...tough and time consuming though.

As to date adjustment, the no adjusting the date between 10pm and 3am applies to ALL 7750 movements...INCLUDING genuine, $5,000 ones. No joke. It says so in the manuals.

7750b1 and New Asian 7750 could be same one. Dealers came up with these names and there's no standard or consistency in using them. All that really needs to be considered is slow beat 21.6K and high beat 28.8K. HOWEVER, that being said, there are more than one company making the movement, and it appears now that some of them have slightly different specs because they can take genuine ETA reversing wheels (common failure point needing replacement but difficult to find an Asian version of one that fits), while others cannot.

It's hit and miss which one you get.

Read Watchdog's reply in the Noob Guide link to a discussion on the different 7750 variants.