When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

there are chinese mistakes and there are CHINESE mistakes

fotoman

Geez people, those rotor "engravings" are glued on. Just pry it off and be done with it.

Not a big deal.

Geez PSOC, who wants to take the chance of scratching the back of their watch or introducing contaminates to the movement by taking the back off to remove a sticker that shouldn't be there to begin with?

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! :p

who wants to take the chance of scratching the back of their watch or introducing contaminates to the movement by taking the back off to remove a sticker that shouldn't be there to begin with?

If you think the rep "factories" are clean rooms and that you'll introduce contaminates by opening the back, I don't know what to tell you. You're alot more likely to have a dead movement in your uncontaminated case in 6 months than you are to have someone ever notice the rotor in your rep.

What I'm saying is, you have a lot more to worry about than a stick on emblem.

Someone over at RG pointed out that this is supposed to have an ETA 2892 in it, according to the original Perfect Clones page that the pics were pulled from, which would explain the high price that everyone was talking about.

Such a big deal was made over that stick-on emblem that no one even noticed that the movement was completely wrong.

Edited by PatronSaintofChainsaws

i will not let this thread turn into a josh bashing thread,d if you want to do that start your own thread.

this, as i am sure, was an innocent mistake, they do put up new models every day, have thousands of models,

i'm sure this is an innocent mistake. - ;) i haven't passed i on yet, cause i think its funny.

I am with you on that, but lately I have seen quite a few of these 'Chinese mistakes' on Joshes site, here is another...

It looks like this B&R has its strap on back to front...

10.jpg

Geez people, those rotor "engravings" are glued on. Just pry it off and be done with it.

Not a big deal.

according to the site, its engraved, thats supposed to be one of the Upselling issues to pay more $$.

i don't get it personally, but maybe someone out there will.

i also can't believe they spent 45k on that one AP watch - althoughnow i want one after samurais photos

Holy crap Ken, did you and I have a moment??? Im sitting here watching a live Rush concert in HD and drinking a $750 bottle of red wine (76 Petrus)...

I love you man...

T

That wine reminds me of a Gordon Ramsay TV programm (The F Word). There was a wine expert (Matt Skinner) who had to guess different wines and their prices. He was right regarding the wine "Blue Nun" costing under 5 Pounds and "Penfold" for around 500 Pounds. When he tried "Petrus" '92, which costs 1000 Pounds a bottle, he said it

this looks like the right picture

this is probably a real ETA movement, i have never seen a rep movement that thin and automatic.

This movement looks very nice. As far as I can tell it is indeed an ETA 2892 as it was mentioned above. There are some oldschool reps with this movement, e.g. VC Overseas or Franck Muller Casablanca. I