When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow, Nissan make fishing boats.

trailboss

One of my clients is looking for a new boat and came across a company that imports used boats from Japan. There are some nice craft at good prices (you can have them chked by surveyor in JPN) available for import. He likes the look of this Nissan PS730 and so do I. Looks like it was built to take the rough stuff and has a very ship like feel for a 24 footer. Twin 90s should push it along nicely and the cabin looks positivly blue water proof. Has anyone got any experiance with these jiggers? If the're anything like the Yamaha craft the're bullet proof but I have NFI what they are like and they do not get imported here as the end cost would be too much, same as the Yammys.

Dems, KBH, anyone?

442_P1300389.jpg

442_P1300393.JPG

More pics and stats here. Looks like it would make a fine offshore workhorse and a great fun boat all in one and at 40knt top end she moves fast enough to beat the weather (well, most days).

Col.

Col,

Here is another 24 ft'er FS.

https://www.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=105649

This one is diesel/shaft, and 1/2 the price! (Pretty untidy though)

Don't know how they have designed a 24 as diesel/shaft however, unless it is V drive. Or it has a bloody hulking diesel sitting in just the wrong place. (Probably with a table built over)

I remember Nissan flirting with the boat game back then, Toyota also had a shot with a 28' alloy hull/GRP deck, built in NZ!

I actually worked on the laminates for the deck.

Beats me why the motor vehicle execs all want to dabble their toes in the water....surely the motor industry is difficult enough....why get involved in something guaranteed not to make any $$ :p

You know the old saying Col....."How to make a small fortune in the Marine Industry.....Start with a large one!"

Offshore

Col,

Never seen one of those around here. It looks more like a boat you'd find up in the cold weather North. Perfect for salmon or cod fishing in Alaska. Down here in S. Florida you'd need to air condition the cabin or you'd die in the summer. Of course with a/c that would be a sweet ride to travel the Bahamas and camp out on.

Good looking boat, though. Loughs tough and solid.

One of my clients is looking for a new boat and came across a company that imports used boats from Japan. There are some nice craft at good prices (you can have them chked by surveyor in JPN) available for import. He likes the look of this Nissan PS730 and so do I. Looks like it was built to take the rough stuff and has a very ship like feel for a 24 footer. Twin 90s should push it along nicely and the cabin looks positivly blue water proof. Has anyone got any experiance with these jiggers? If the're anything like the Yamaha craft the're bullet proof but I have NFI what they are like and they do not get imported here as the end cost would be too much, same as the Yammys.

Dems, KBH, anyone?

442_P1300393.JPG

More pics and stats here. Looks like it would make a fine offshore workhorse and a great fun boat all in one and at 40knt top end she moves fast enough to beat the weather (well, most days).

Col.

Looks like a rep to me. :p

Ta for the link OS. For what he wants the OBs would be a better choice. That's the cuddy cab version too. The price is ex shipping and taxes, the other one is landed, all costs paid. I think it's a shame they don't still make these, the Kiwi's would love 'em!

The cabin is no problem, it's going to Tasmania's west coast where the seas are as high as the boat and the temps like Down East, way Down East. Yep, with air she would make a great Key hopper or Bahamas boat. Been talking to SSboats and we're going to arrange a survey in Japan and see what she's realy like. Time, as Klink would say, will tell.

Col.