When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can pam GMT turn into a 112?

cougaree

I have a Marina Militare GMT watch. It works well but I'm really not a GMT automatic pam person. To me the case look awfully similar to the 111 or 112 cases (see image below). I'm wondering if anyone here has done any conversions before similar before. I understand that I may lose the crystal, dial, hands and movements, and only reuse the case. I really like the case.

Additionally, you may notice the tips of the minute and hour hands are hollow. Do you know anywhere I can get a pair of non-hollow hands for this watch? I think the watch is running on an Asian movement (have not opened the case yet).

Thanks!

Cougaree

DSCN2409.jpg

DSCN2406.jpg

Edited by cougaree

It probably makes more sense to just sell what you have and buy a new one. You will most likely have to mill the inside of the case to take a different movement ring and to ensure that the stem coming off the movement lines up with the crown hole on the case. In other words, you will likely need a new movement ring or at a minimum need to remill the interior of the case.

It probably makes more sense to just sell what you have and buy a new one. You will most likely have to mill the inside of the case to take a different movement ring and to ensure that the stem coming off the movement lines up with the crown hole on the case. In other words, you will likely need a new movement ring or at a minimum need to remill the interior of the case.

I see. Thanks for your input. For some reason I thought it would be a lot easier... assuming the rep factories use the same case over and over again, but I guess it's not case.

Where can I locate better minute and hour hands then? Having them fixed may bother me less. :)