When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is the davidsen 202 dial and watch accurate?

stallonepanerai

if the davidsen is not accurate where can i get a 202a? any help please...

thanks

just do a quick search and you'll find many pics and some reviews of that watch! here's one for example http://www.rwg.cc/members/Davidsen-t25181....l=202a+davidsen

and here's a review with lots of pics http://www.rwg.cc/members/202a-Pvd-Goodnes...l=202a+davidsen

goodluck!!

ps: dsn is good, but you should get some quotes from hont or vac even.

I'm pretty sure Hont doesn't have any access to a 202/A rep. vaccum's 202/A would be using DSN's parts.

Again, I don't believe anyone besides DSN is selling complete Pre-V watches (with VERY few exceptions). If you're talking about PVD Pre-As, no one else even comes close, since DSN's PVD is miles ahead of "standard" rep PVD.

i reckon out of the box dsn's 202/a is the best.. but even then its not even close at all.. i guess u have to do a custom job.. which means acquiring different parts and make it.. but then i swear.. this is my result.. ull be spending LOADS of money

- dsn 202/a - $350

- t-48 - $100

- little hero crownguard - $150

- fgd dial + relume of hands and so on - $250 (includes lume)

- fitting it all together and modify the lugs so it has double headed screw - maybe another $100?

- avitt's dlc - $350

all in all ud be looking to spend more than $1000..

i reckon out of the box dsn's 202/a is the best.. but even then its not even close at all.. i guess u have to do a custom job.. which means acquiring different parts and make it.. but then i swear.. this is my result.. ull be spending LOADS of money

- dsn 202/a - $350

- t-48 - $100

- little hero crownguard - $150

- fgd dial + relume of hands and so on - $250 (includes lume)

- fitting it all together and modify the lugs so it has double headed screw - maybe another $100?

- avitt's dlc - $350

all in all ud be looking to spend more than $1000..

If you're going to use all those aftermarket parts and have the case re-coated anyway, why bother with a pricey rep from DSN in the first place?

Besides, Avitt's DLC is all wrong for a Pre-V watch. Avitt's DLC is AWESOME, but DLC isn't the choice for a Pre-V watch, as it won't scratch/age like PVD would.

Guest avitt
Besides, Avitt's DLC is all wrong for a Pre-V watch. Avitt's DLC is AWESOME, but DLC isn't the choice for a Pre-V watch, as it won't scratch/age like PVD would.

LOL....That's really funny! The biggest objection to my DLC coating is that it won't scratch enough! :D

I'd be happy to take care of that by "pre-scratching" each piece, prior to delivery ;)

Not a complaint about your coatings, buddy! ;)

DLC is fantastic, and the scratch resistance is a WONDERFUL thing about DLC. However, when trying to replicate a 15 year old PVD watch, not the ideal route to go.

It'd be like having a shiny new case/crystal on a 6152-1 rep.

Everyone out there - go to Avitt for all your DLC needs! When I get my gen Zero, it'll be off to Avitt for the DLC treatment...

meh id still go for avitt's dlc regardless.. i mean i like the look of dlc and the fact that its scratch resistant.. i mean me personally.. i couldn't care less about whether or not ppl will think its fake or not.. one they wouldnt really know if its a 202a.. even if they did they'd be too astonished by it to care about whether or not its pvd or dlc

But by that logic, there'd be no need to bother with a FGD dial, t48 crown or LH or V crown guard.

I assumed that with all those parts, the object was to have the most accurate 202/A rep you could build. As such, having it PVD coated makes more sense than DLC.

If you're not worried about accuracy, just go with the DSN out of the box and be done with it.

Guest avitt

I've got a reference file with several genuine 202A pictures...

Interestingly, the PVD finish on almost all of them is in very good shape...The worst damage I can find are a few dings around the bezel and CG edges.

When I build mine, it'll be FGD and DLC all the way ;)

I'm just hoping to find a better case, that doesn't have lug holes that are too big for genuine Pre-V double screw bars.

Guest avitt
It was my understanding that DLC was nearly impossible to scratch, avitt?

It's definitely much more difficult to scratch than regular PVD, but not impossible...