When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sizing Planet Ocean Bracelet. What Do the Arrows Mean?

Stratman

Before you start let me just say you are about to resize the most difficult bracelet there is to resize :D I had to devise a somewhat crude method involving breaking a safety pin into 3 pieces to use as makeshift tools to adjust my bracelet :lol:

With regards to your question, the point of the arrowhead indicates where the pin is to be re-inserted when putting the bracelet back together. Here is an excellent guide which you should find useful:

HOW TO resize the most common bracelets

I'm about to size my PO bracelet. Can I assume that the direction of the arrows indicate which way the pins should enter, and thus exit, the bracelet? A detailed explanation would be nice.

Any other tips would be helpful.

Thanks

The 4 most important tools for working with the PO bracelet are: (1) Good bottle of Scotch; (2) Full bottle of Excedrin; (3) Full box of tissues for wiping away the tears of frustration; and (4) telephone book to find number of nearest rep-friendly watchmaker to adjust the bracelet after you have given up in complete frustration and broken 4 of the pins.

One other tip: contact your dealer and purchse the beautiful rubber dive strap and install it. That's what I ended up doing, and it looks great.

I strongly recommend the bracelet sizing tool shown in the linked article. I use one from Bob Davis (mywatchmaker.net) that is a little more expensive and much higher quality than the Asian versions on FleaBay. Bob's comes with both normal push pins and longer push pins for Omega bracelets. Ofrei sells them as well, and also sells versions for screw-type bracelets.

I'm about to size my PO bracelet. Can I assume that the direction of the arrows indicate which way the pins should enter, and thus exit, the bracelet? A detailed explanation would be nice.

Any other tips would be helpful.

Thanks

As said by Ds - the arrow indicates the direction in which the pin has to be forced out. To reinsert, reverse the direction. Don't try this without proper tools. They are not really expensive and you can use them for all your pin-based bracelets.

The 4 most important tools for working with the PO bracelet are: (1) Good bottle of Scotch; (2) Full bottle of Excedrin; (3) Full box of tissues for wiping away the tears of frustration; and (4) telephone book to find number of nearest rep-friendly watchmaker to adjust the bracelet after you have given up in complete frustration and broken 4 of the pins.

Sad, but true. I broke all of the pins for my Ofrei removal tool, gave up, got an OEM Rubber strap. :rolleyes:

It's not too difficult. I was able to resize mine in about 5 mins. Of course that's after I bent two fracken pins. The hardest part is pushing the pin back through the middle collar. The collar is crimped so that it holds the pin tight so you really have to push hard to get it through. It's quite frustrating to both push it hard and keep it straight, hence the bent pins.

Best suggestion I can give is find something hard (plastic) with a shallow corner. Turn the bracelet upside down so the pin sits in a corner and is braced firmly. Try to keep a straight angle and then firm press the bracelet down to force the pin through. Imagine the little pin sticking out is like a knife and you're about stab yourself in the belly, that's sort of the motion. Once it gets through the middle collar, use the link resizer to tool to push the remaining bit through.