When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Automatic Chronograph

naik

Great choice there, but unfortunately you went for the earlier model with the different caseback/pushers/datefont, if only you browsed through the dealers you could have got the more accurate version. Enjoy it nonetheless. :)

This wasn't actually a "new" purchase. I bought it used from the sales section here.

However, having said that, I am aware that there is the new chrono version with the clear case back. Is this the one you are referring to?

Is the model that I have still accurate (minus the datefont) to an older gen link chrono?

Great choice there, but unfortunately you went for the earlier model with the different caseback/pushers/datefont, if only you browsed through the dealers you could have got the more accurate version. Enjoy it nonetheless. :)

The two models actually came out at the same time. The caseback is the same as on the polished bezel version, and accurate. The pushers are fine.

The issue was with the fact that when these came out TAG only had the brushed bezel in black, while the factories offered them in multiple different colors. I think Blue was also later added by TAG. The other issue was with the fact that the polished bezel Link's got the standard ETA datewheel while this brushed version got the datewheel that we got on all of our 7750 reps for years- until they finally started using (even incorrectly) the ETA datefont a bit back.

But yes your watch is very very accurate, probably one of the most accurate yet, in feel and look. It was the 'super' rep before they existed :D

Did yours have AR done, or just careful lighting? Love the watch, enjoy it bro!

The two models actually came out at the same time. The caseback is the same as on the polished bezel version, and accurate. The pushers are fine.

The issue was with the fact that when these came out TAG only had the brushed bezel in black, while the factories offered them in multiple different colors. I think Blue was also later added by TAG. The other issue was with the fact that the polished bezel Link's got the standard ETA datewheel while this brushed version got the datewheel that we got on all of our 7750 reps for years- until they finally started using (even incorrectly) the ETA datefont a bit back.

But yes your watch is very very accurate, probably one of the most accurate yet, in feel and look. It was the 'super' rep before they existed :D

Did yours have AR done, or just careful lighting? Love the watch, enjoy it bro!

gillorin, thank you for that very informative post! Appreciate it, mate. The seller told me that it does indeed have a slight AR coating. I don't know that I'm familiar enough with AR to tell if it indeed does have it or not. I do know that at certain angles, the crystal does dissapear. However, in most situations, I can easily see reflections in the crystal. So....in answer to your question....I'm not sure :D. Careful lighting is probably the most accurate answer.

And thanks all for your comments!

Those pushers are nothing like what the original ones are,

7008-5508.jpg

The ones on the newer model, are just as the gen,

link3.jpg

img2660.jpg