When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to keep my new watch clean?

Steve52

I just ordered my first rep, an Ebel BTR! Any suggestions on what to use to keep it clean and looking new?

Also, is there anything special I should do once it arrives? I read Joshua's procedures for setting the date and time, but anything else I should know?

Thanks for your help!

Congratz on your new watch. I know how exciting the first rep can be. The day mine arrived in the mail I could barely contain myself. There is a ton of info on watch care and maintenance. Just google search "taking care of your watch" There are videos and anything else you could possably Imagine. Enjoy your new watch and show some pics if you can. :) Mike

There is nothing like the anticipation of your first rep !!!! :D

pen erasers take out minor scratches from "brushed" ss surfaces.. watchboys sells refinishing pens.. made of fiberglass bristles again for ss brushed finishes.. so does ofrei ... aluminum rim metal polish can keep the polished surfaces looking new.. but be careful not to get any on the Ar'd xtal.. solvents will strip the anti reflective coating off.. just water and a soft cloth for the crystal..

I use a dry soft toothbrush to clean the case back and bracelet to get rid of the dead skin cells.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but the most important ...

enjoy your watch..

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

After you strap her on take a bunch of pics and slap them on here!

The wait is the best and worst part for me. I am the type where the journey is better than the destination, just barely. Try if you can to wait till you bring her home from the PO to enjoy her. Slowly unwrap the packaging and savor every moment, take picture to make the moment last. A couple watches I opened up in my car after picking them up from the PO. Kinda wish I didn't but I just couldn't wait any longer.

Take lots of pics! I took 1gb of pics for 6 watches I have and whittled that down to less than 100mb. Took forever but well worth it.

Most of all do what Lani said.

Live, Wear, Enjoy!