When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

source for daytona plastic bezel insert

ken fingerlove

Hi,

starting to get anal, and I still haven't got the watch built yet.. The bezel inserts that I got from DW both have problems, one a very dodgy 110, the other a dodgy "UNITSPER"...

I saw Jeff G's in the "let's see your Rolex only collection" thread, and the bezel insert on his looks fantastic. Good "UNITS PER", good 110, AND with the added bonus of a flat S. He got it from Joshua, but the ones on Joshua's site now appear not so good.

I looked on the bay, and seller "v_luu44" has what appears to be pretty much the same insert, but at the nut tightening price of $350 (with the metal bit). I mailed him/her for a price on just the plastic, but I don't doubt it will still be too much. Edit - v_luu44 seems to be jeweleryandwatch.com - both in Arizona, anyway, seems too coincidental to be otherwise...

Anyone got a source for a better insert?

Thanks

J-dog!

(p.s. don't really know why I'm reluctant to type my real name in here - I use it for worse!)

I have dealt with DW for years and built many daytonas , the only alternatives are a genuine bezel, or go jewelryandwatch he has nice stuff, actually his products are way better than DW's ,but the prices go up, you get what you pay for, there cases require no mods to drop a v72 in, unlike DW's ,where you have to grind the crap out of the case to get the v72 to fit, I don't think you can get just the bezel insert on the old daytonas, I just always found nice used gen's, shear time on ebay usually has them from time to time, but be prepared to pay, if you are that much of a perfectionist, you're gonna have to go gen parts , I'm afraid ......... :huh:

New info from ebay seller - they will do the better plastic insert for $125 - which includes the cost of inserting and polishing it flush.

That almost seems reasonable. I'll definitely consider that if it annoys me when I start wearing it.