When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looks Like A Bunch Of New Stuff Is Out For Aug...

ubiquitous

Very, very nice Randy! Thanks for the update.

I'm hoping they have the reliable Venus manual wind movement. If its the Asian 7750, I'll just sit back and admire all the great photos to come. :p The blue dial Breit is awesome. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Ubi-

Great info. I didn't know you could spell any brand other than Rolex. Very impressive. :D

Is that sub dial arangement the same on the gen AP? I think that was always the biggest flaw on the ROO. :)

:) Ahhhh... Yes, if I had to rank brands Rolex would only be third on my list :bleh:

The ROO is still off on the subdials- The 60 second counter should be at 12:00, and that subdial should also sit closer to the center hour/min pinions than the 30min counter (9:00) and the 12hr counter (6:00). Regardless, it looks pretty decent; IF (and that's a big if) the stopwatch is functional, and the movement is an auto, that will be a huge step forward for this one...

About 2 weeks back, a trusted dealer told me a 7750 AP ROO is coming out really soon. Could this be the one? If it is, I am ready to jump.

It's possible... Absolutely. Though, I myself was hoping to see the standard 'Classic' Royal Oak Chronograph... -_-

Anyhow... Here's the SS ROO version that seems to be out... I am very interested to see what's inside the case.

98755-26694.jpg

That very well may be. It would appear that at the very least, the 60 sec subdial has been moved to 6:00. I guess we won't know for sure until one of our dealers posts on it with details (hopefully soon).

Actually, looking at the ROO, I find it odd that both the 12:00 and 6:00 counters seem to be for the running seconds? Both have the same markings :blink:

ubiquitous-

The 12 o'clock subdial is for seconds.

The 9 o'clock subdial is 30 minutes and therefore this rep is inaccurate in that department

The 6 o'clock subdial are the hours and the rep is also inaccurate in that department.

How do I know? I'm staring at my genuine JPM Offshore right now.

Therefore this a terrible rep. Sorry.

However, I love the case and might get it, as it is an improvement over the old ones. Remember my old T3 project? it has to be scrapped because of the T3 case being too small in the rep. As this case looks good, I might be able to do another franken instead.

Good to see the Chrono-Matic... but it would have been even nicer to finally see the Chronomat. I can't believe they haven't done that much more popular model yet... one of the great mysteries.

By the way... am I the only one who doesn't like the completely useless 24h subdial (in Venus and quartz-chronos)? I wish they would just always freeze that idiotic subdial which only makes the appearance crooked.

Nice looking watches though. I bet they're both quartz.

ubiquitous-

The 12 o'clock subdial is for seconds.

The 9 o'clock subdial is 30 minutes and therefore this rep is inaccurate in that department

The 6 o'clock subdial are the hours and the rep is also inaccurate in that department.

How do I know? I'm staring at my genuine JPM Offshore right now.

Therefore this a terrible rep. Sorry.

However, I love the case and might get it, as it is an improvement over the old ones. Remember my old T3 project? it has to be scrapped because of the T3 case being too small in the rep. As this case looks good, I might be able to do another franken instead.

Yes, Admin, I know...

:) Ahhhh... Yes, if I had to rank brands Rolex would only be third on my list :bleh:

The ROO is still off on the subdials- The 60 second counter should be at 12:00, and that subdial should also sit closer to the center hour/min pinions than the 30min counter (9:00) and the 12hr counter (6:00). Regardless, it looks pretty decent; IF (and that's a big if) the stopwatch is functional, and the movement is an auto, that will be a huge step forward for this one...

Well, I'll assume that we're talking about technical aspects, and not so much the simple fact that the cabinet No.4 (like all AP Tradition of Excellence pieces) is limited to 20 pieces, costs as much as a house, etc. etc.

The Cabinet No. 4 is unique in it's gear train layout. This watch is a chronograph tourbillion with a 10 day power reserve which is achieved by twin mainsprings, and a gear train layout that eliminates the 3rd wheel. This is to lighten the load on gear train torque, which is essential for longevity of the movement with such a high power reserve. The dial is cut out in relief to display the barrels.

Unless your looking for other specifics?

**Edit for spelling mistakes, typos, etc.

BTW, since you're posting again, can we assume you're back? :)

Excellent reply. You deserve a prize for that, and I can offer you one.

I am temporarily back for a day or two, as I just couldn't keep my happiness from my deal in Shenzhen concealed. But I did mention that I will be off for the next few weeks/months as I need to spend more time on other priorities in life, and my upcoming move across the pond.

Both of you have got to get a life. :lol: Actually, I guess I do too. After all here I am posting and I have nothing intelligent to add. Oh well gotta take out the kids for ice cream. :icecream: Always wanted to use that icon. :rolleyes: But I do. :)

That's a load of rubbish. You helped me out with some tips on modding and I greatly appreciated that.