When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting find, custom damascus buckle

rotten03

I posted this a couple of places. I get around to various sites....not sure if everyone else does, so I figured I'd put it out there for everyone.

I have no connection to this person, whatsoever. I'm just throwing this out here because I know how much we all love our straps.

I've seen a lot of custom straps but never custom buckles. These looked really great. I came across this site http://www.aescustomknives.com/ while I was visiting another haunt of mine. If you notice he is now making a hand made Damascus steel buckle for PAMs. I PM'd him and he mentions that he is going to start making these buckles if there is a demand. Apparently he did this for a friend. He may also start making the straps once he determines that customers like them. He says, feel free to email him if you're interested.

Yes.... I have seen theese and have been wondering if it was produced in more than a couple of pieces! I really hope he will make them :D

Yes.... I have seen theese and have been wondering if it was produced in more than a couple of pieces! I really hope he will make them :D

He's making them. He says just email him and he'll make it for you. I guess he's not producing them until he has a customer.

Oh and says he'll do them in Mokume as well.

Edited by rotten03

You might check this guy out as well -- he makes Damascus buckles AND straps. He has some killer hornback straps there. His strap prices are very reasonable, and I think his Damascus buckles are in the $150 range. I emailed him about a custom strap and he seems like a good guy. He's in Austria.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=255284

In relation to www.aescustomknives.com, I just received a reply from Ariel (very fast, sent him a mail a few hours ago). Damascene steel buckles cost $270 and there's a waiting list of 8-10 months. Mokume (stainless/bronze or nickel silver/copper) is an additional $50, same waiting time.

A bit too rich for my wallet, particularly given Maddog's price of $150 per damascene buckle and $200 for buckle and strap. Pretty unique though...

The buckles are too spendy for me. But you have to appreciate the work that goes into 1. Damascus and 2. something that small and intricate. I personally love anything made of damascus. I had a guy make me a damascus wedding ring. Had to eventually go to titanium. The damascus rusted too much and....well it stunk. Wife hated the way it smelled.