When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help a fellow member pick a new watch!

clkcadet

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you recommend?

• Panerai 253 v3
    • HBB Lite (SS w/ceramic bezel)
    • AP Roo Rubberclad (sec at 12)

Well,

I need a new watch to wear on a daily basis after selling my SSD. I like all three of these but can only afford one piece right now. I want to have an accurate rep (I dont expect anything to be 100% but I want something that will not get called out of course)

I have a thing for chronos, and thankfully these all have the 7750 which is known to be pretty reliable.

Lets hear what you recommend :)

Thanks in advance to all!

Well,

I need a new watch to wear on a daily basis after selling my SSD. I like all three of these but can only afford one piece right now. I want to have an accurate rep (I dont expect anything to be 100% but I want something that will not get called out of course)

I have a thing for chronos, and thankfully these all have the 7750 which is known to be pretty reliable.

Lets hear what you recommend :)

Thanks in advance to all!

I honestly doubt any regular person has ever seen any of those since the gen's are all high ticket items. I really think its up to you!

Id say the pam, but i have an itch for the BB

I own all three 253 (& 212)... 2 HBB SS YC & RG. I also a ROO Rubber Clad (Since Friday, I wore it the entire weekend). All three watches you're asking about are great. I think they all have their place on the wrist and the occasion, the PAM is more of a daily because you can swap out straps. Owning PAM's make Strap collecting another hobby. I love both my HBB's they have been on my wrist almost everyday for the past month. Now the ROO it's going to be a keeper too. It is stunning! You have great taste all three watches are winners. You should make a goal to get all three. If you go PAM, I would go for the 212 over the 253 I think it's a better looking daily.

Thanks for all the responses. I do hope to get all three, I just need to do one at a time.

After looking for an AP ROO the one I want (seconds at 12 rubberclad with steel bracelet) can't really be found for less than $500. Maybe I can leave this as my "grail" and I will save up for it :)

The HBB lite, and Pam 253 (or 212 I will compare photos soon) are easy to find in the $250 range.

Guest hublot1

HBB all the way!

It was rep of the year for a reason. You can have the lite version with a single AR and real ceramic bezel instead of the PVD coated for a very good price (pure time). The ceramic bezel can be Polished with a mirror/shine giving a nice contrast along with the detailed dial and numerals. Or the brushed ceramic bezel for a stealth look. The double AR really increases that contrast mind you the gen one comes with single AR.

The Pam is also nice...it all comes down to personal preference...