When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Re: Another Newbie Here!

Hello all! My name is Steve, a humble vintage movie poster dealer who is new to the watch game. Man, do some of those things look freakin' awesome!

Been reading here and there. Keep seeing stuff like: "Just got my new watch from Josh", but can't find out who or where these guys are. Tried PMing Precious Time, but no go - his mailbox is full. Would love to get a Breitling before a bachelor party in Vegas next month. Would be wicked to go with the suit (we always go out one night in our suits old-school, it really does work on the ladies!).

Really, some of your watches look incredible! I am sort of a part-time watch nut, like looking at them, never thought I could afford them until I dropped in here.

So any assistance you could give to a first-timer would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Steve

UPDATE: Found some of the areas I was looking for by reading the pinned topics. I kinda jumped in without looking first!

Edited by hasaanchop

Welcome.

If it's Breitlings you're after, then I would certainly recommend either of the Bentleys (I personally prefer the 44mm GT on a nice leather strap) or almost any of the Navitimers.

Just be sure to not set the date between 10:00 and 3:00 on the dial. Best bet is to set the watch to 6:00, then change the date.

Enjoy this addictive hobby.

IG

Hello all! My name is Steve, a humble vintage movie poster dealer who is new to the watch game. Man, do some of those things look freakin' awesome!

Been reading here and there. Keep seeing stuff like: "Just got my new watch from Josh", but can't find out who or where these guys are. Tried PMing Precious Time, but no go - his mailbox is full. Would love to get a Breitling before a bachelor party in Vegas next month. Would be wicked to go with the suit (we always go out one night in our suits old-school, it really does work on the ladies!).

Really, some of your watches look incredible! I am sort of a part-time watch nut, like looking at them, never thought I could afford them until I dropped in here.

So any assistance you could give to a first-timer would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Steve

UPDATE: Found some of the areas I was looking for by reading the pinned topics. I kinda jumped in without looking first!

UPDATE: Anyone know where to get some high-quality Movados?