When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group buy Area?

JHM

Hi All,

We have a beautiful community here. We also purchase 500> even 1000> watched per month together? We all know that a group buy is purchasing power, and purchasing power is discount. I would like to here from you (the members) what you think of a ''Group Buy Area''.

For Example:

Main: Group Buy's -> Subs: AP/Hublot/Rolex/etc... -> For Example: AP -> ''Group buy May''.

Off course this need some rules, like:

- at least 10-15 members

- time connected

- discount in %

- multiple quotes are done only with trusted dealers

- members pay straight to the dealer

- etc. etc.

Thank you.

I like the idea.

At the moment the dealers have a cartel, and customers are all on their own.

I am convinced that prices are artificially high because we cannot individually shop around on all the dealers all of the time. I also think that such bukl purchase could be used with other non-caratel dealers, who might as yet be undiscovered by the rep folums.

So interresting idea.

Has anyone got the time and energy to make it reality??

From now only dealers have arranged group buys, and all the time it's one watch. The power of a member group buy is that everyone can pick the piece he or she wants. A dealer would love to sell 10> a time.

Let me give a short example how I can see it work:

In the sub area a group buy (topic) can he created. From here you can go 2 ways.

1. Each sub group has it's own mod.

2. The topic starter is leading. This means:

- the topic starter set's time line (in topic head, max. 30 days or ... members). For example: ''Hublot 01-31 may / 20 mem.''. This means the topic will go 31 days or stop after 20 members have joined.

- the topic starter asks at least 2 quotations, preferred are 3.

- the topic starter does only post the % discount after all quotations are received

- members can decide if the % discount is fair

-- members pay direct to the chosen dealer, so topic starter / mod can not steal from other members

Guys please join we need votes for this one. But it can also safe some good money.