When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Crocodile Omega Ladies Watch Band

URkuk

I recently installed a genuine crocodile skin Omega ladies watch band on one of my wifes watches..

The watch is waterproof but she removes it when she showers because she believes water will ruin the watch band

Most crocodiles spend lots of time in the water so I would think a band made of their hide would be waterproof...she says I am clueless... Maybe I am.. I don't really know the answer

Any thoughts?

Bill

Very true, crocodiles do spend a lot of time in the water, however, I'll bet most don't use moisterizing soaps, anti-fade hydrate shampoos & conditioners, daily thermal mini-peels and such. If they did, they wouldn't have very crocodile-like leather for very long, would they? I agree with your wife, keep the leather watch straps out of the shower.

I never quite understood why anyone would want to wear their watch in the shower anyway. OK, I can understand if you wear a watch to the gym and then shower, not wanting to take the watch off for fear of losing it or worse, but other than that, I guess I don't get it. I see people on TV also wearing their watches to bed. Huh? OK, maybe if it's a spur of the moment thing, but generally, no. Just my opinion.

Also it's not the croc side that is the problem. It's the inside which uses a thin leather calf slice sticked on to the croc. This soaks up all the odors, chemicals and dirt... not a pretty sight after a while. Leather straps and water/ sweat don't mix (except for the special waterproof straps but you'll have to look in to that).