When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When a fake is not a fake..

dan156

That looks like it is made for the Aussie crowd, using Ford's Holden vehicles as donors.

I know a guy close to me who built an AC Cobra replica using a 95-97ish Mustang for the donor car. I think all in all he put like $20k into it over 2 years, now that $20k also takes into consideration the left over parts he sold off to get some money back. If you take your time they come out really nice and are pretty fast. I can only imagine how fast that one would be using a Boss motor and probably weighing less than 2000lbs..

That looks like it is made for the Aussie crowd, using Ford's Holden vehicles as donor

LOL, you wanna get lynched? There's prob not a quicker way in OZ than to call Holden a Ford company! The full name now days is General Moters Holden or GMH for short. The Holden Motor Company produced the first wholey Aussie car with the 48-215 in 1948 and is the sworn enemy of Ford fans in OZ. And visa versa of cause. Aussie motor sport revolves around the Holden vs Ford battle that has raged ever since.

And yes, DRB make a nice car. Some of the best Cobra reps out there actualy. I once drove a gen 427 Cobra and it frightened me. About a ton in weight and 500+ HP with masive understeer if pushed hard. Great fun but scary. That and the fact that even then (15 years ago) it was worth a half mill or so. It's an awsome beast but there are far better road cars. The reps tend to be a tad more user friendly however.

Col.

just remeber that this thing is not a ac cobra but based on the last concept car ford did for the us car show ,i beleve it was 2004 2005, look at the web site and see the front shots.. has air cond as well...

i have seen some wear that a retired f1 driver who used to race the red machines, has got one himself made in Austrlia and sent over to him,, (its that good). and the current exchage rate that about.. US 54000. that the web site estmated price and as always it can be done cheaper.. if you wanted it to..

Edited by dan156

just remeber that this thing is not a ac cobra but based on the last concept car ford did for the us car show ,i beleve it was 2004 2005, look at the web site and see the front shots.. has air cond as well...

Yes it is the same style Cobra that was used in the movie xXx State of the Union, incase anyone wanted to see it in action.

A/C ? Really whats the point this thing is a roadster and has no way of keeping the cool air in.

I think I woulg go sans A/C, Cruise Control, and traction control, throw a Ford 4.6 DOHC with either twin or single turbos, IRS rear suspension if possible and go Porsche hunting.

I know my friend who built his Cobra sent the cars wiring harness off and they stripped something like 150lbs of wires out of the harness that he did not need for things like AC, Cruise, various lights, stereo, ect..

Imagine 1,000hp in a car that probably weighs less than 2,000 lbs...

Yes it is the same style Cobra that was used in the movie xXx State of the Union, incase anyone wanted to see it in action.

A/C ? Really whats the point this thing is a roadster and has no way of keeping the cool air in.

I think I woulg go sans A/C, Cruise Control, and traction control, throw a Ford 4.6 DOHC with either twin or single turbos, IRS rear suspension if possible and go Porsche hunting.

I know my friend who built his Cobra sent the cars wiring harness off and they stripped something like 150lbs of wires out of the harness that he did not need for things like AC, Cruise, various lights, stereo, ect..

Imagine 1,000hp in a car that probably weighs less than 2,000 lbs...

In my opinion there is nothing like the Shelby Cobra... the sound of the engine is surreal. My father-in-law has an original 1965 Shelby Cobra 427... it is beautiful!!!!