When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Rolex advice please...........

Pooh Monster

Hi Guys - this will be my first Roli so Im relying on your advice gang......keep in my mind .....in my line of work I work with a LOT of watch experts and a lot of watch people.....mainly marketers not AD's........I want the new DSSD V4 from Josh .......will they pick it ??..........

I believe the one that Josh has is a V3 "ultimate". Some errors (I've heard) with that is a polished bezel and non chamfered date window. Right now Prestige watch company is the only ones I know of that have a V4, and I've heard there's a V5 coming in about a month. The V4 has a review on this site. To further confound the issue, I've also heard that WM9 has stated that he will be producing a DSSD, but it most likely won't show up for 6 months to a year. This will most likely be the "definitive" DSSD, if history tells us anything. Maybe BK would know more regarding this, since he is the distributor on these forums for WM9. I'm in the market as well, which is why I know all this...hahaha.

If WM9 announces a DSSD, that's what I'll be waiting for. Their latest work is incredible. Have the BK/WM9 Sub and it's a work of art. They're really putting the time in to doing these right. I'm super impressed.

Where are you guys hearing that rumor?

If you're asking if you'd be "called out" on a v4 DSSD... tough to say. But it's certainly has it's flaws. If you want as close to Gen as possible, I would wait it out. Still has some pretty noticeable flaws for my eye.

If WM9 announces a DSSD, that's what I'll be waiting for. Their latest work is incredible. Have the BK/WM9 Sub and it's a work of art. They're really putting the time in to doing these right. I'm super impressed.

Where are you guys hearing that rumor?

If you're asking if you'd be "called out" on a v4 DSSD... tough to say. But it's certainly has it's flaws. If you want as close to Gen as possible, I would wait it out. Still has some pretty noticeable flaws for my eye.

Forgive my noobines ...but what or who is WM9......do they do a good sub ?.....may look at one of these instead or a good GMT..........do they have a website ?.....where can I see piccies?........

If you are working in an environment with "watch experts" there is a real chance that one of them is going to want to take a closer look. It is human nature for an expert to want to look closely at another specimen. You should save your money and buy the gen, or just come clean and tell them your watch is a fake. If they are true experts, they might just appreciate your copy all the more. Especially if it is a good one.

Do not attempt to pass off any rep as a gen. It is just bad form.

If you are working in an environment with "watch experts" there is a real chance that one of them is going to want to take a closer look. It is human nature for an expert to want to look closely at another specimen. You should save your money and buy the gen, or just come clean and tell them your watch is a fake. If they are true experts, they might just appreciate your copy all the more. Especially if it is a good one.

Do not attempt to pass off any rep as a gen. It is just bad form.

Agreed - if asked I tell them the truth.......fact is - they never ask......they just assume its a gen......the reason I ask here is that I know nothing about the Rolex reps......all my reps are breitlings or Graham......and I am comfortable with their level of accuracy.......from reading the forums sounds like their are some real obvious flaws with the Rolex reps........the pearl being the obvious one.......