When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

where can i purchase a replica breitling?

danny13

From China! :) :) :)

Welcome to RWG, the most knowledgeable WATCH forum around, filled with the best folks you'll meet.

The question you ask is not so easy to answer as it needs many more questions answered first to give you the answer you need. Namely:

• Which Breitling model?
  • Where do you live?
  • Can you do watch modifications or do you want best out of the box?
  • What kind of flaws can you live with (as all have flaws)?
  • How much are you willing to pay?
  • What kind of reliability expectations do you have?

Etc, etc. The most accurate reps for Breitlings have either an A7750 movement (standard chrono) but can be difficult to service if you can't find somebody locally willing and knowledgeable to work on chrono movements, and particularly an Asian 7750...or possibly an ETA 2836 or 2824. The 2836/2824 can be worked on by most any watchmaker and is your easiest solution to a reliable and easily serviced rep...but no stopwatch function.

Who to buy from? Depends on where you are located. ALL dealers recommended here have issues. You have to decide which ones you are willing to deal with. Read the reviews and member posts and you'll see people have their favourites...but person "A's" fave, maybe the thorn in the side for person "B"...let your research guide you.

Lots of questions to have your expectations met properly. Start reading my Noob Guide linked in my signature to hit the ground running.

Read. Search. Learn. Share.

Welcome to the journey...

From China! :) :) :)

Welcome to RWG, the most knowledgeable WATCH forum around, filled with the best folks you'll meet.

The question you ask is not so easy to answer as it needs many more questions answered first to give you the answer you need. Namely:

• Which Breitling model?
  • Where do you live?
  • Can you do watch modifications or do you want best out of the box?
  • What kind of flaws can you live with (as all have flaws)?
  • How much are you willing to pay?
  • What kind of reliability expectations do you have?

Etc, etc. The most accurate reps for Breitlings have either an A7750 movement (standard chrono) but can be difficult to service if you can't find somebody locally willing and knowledgeable to work on chrono movements, and particularly an Asian 7750...or possibly an ETA 2836 or 2824. The 2836/2824 can be worked on by most any watchmaker and is your easiest solution to a reliable and easily serviced rep...but no stopwatch function.

Who to buy from? Depends on where you are located. ALL dealers recommended here have issues. You have to decide which ones you are willing to deal with. Read the reviews and member posts and you'll see people have their favourites...but person "A's" fave, maybe the thorn in the side for person "B"...let your research guide you.

Lots of questions to have your expectations met properly. Start reading my Noob Guide linked in my signature to hit the ground running.

Read. Search. Learn. Share.

Welcome to the journey...

A very good answer. Reading the heading, I was expecting the newbie-trashing. It is nice to see the friendly attitude of this forum. :)

If you just want a watch and don't care to do the homework, just choose any of the dealers from this forum.

A very good answer. Reading the heading, I was expecting the newbie-trashing. It is nice to see the friendly attitude of this forum. :)

If you just want a watch and don't care to do the homework, just choose any of the dealers from this forum.

The guy lives in the same city as me it appears...I have to go easy on him. ;)

As chrgod said, if you want to "hit and run shop" (ie. just get 1 watch in good quality and that's it for an interest in watches)...choose any dealer from the dealer list in the links section at the top and you'll be fine.