When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hooked on Ebel!

Steve52

Just received my new Ebel BTR last week and I'm in love! Should post pictures tomorrow.

I'm thinking about ordering the 1911 Discovery now (don't tell my wife!). Does it make sense to have two Ebels when there are so many watches out there (and so little time!)? I've read a few reviews that state the Discovery is smaller than the BTR. Anyone have both and know if that's true? I like the size of the BTR so if the Discovery is smaller I'll keep looking for another.

Toad and others have given me some ideas, and I'm grateful for their pictures and time. I just love that Discovery! :D

Thanks!

Absolutely not. When watch collecting...owning more than one of a single brand is absolutely unheard of. In the horological world, diversity is the ultimate goal for EVERYONE:

993.jpg

994.jpg

Toad, are those all in your collection? I'm impressed! Why have so many of the same look and make? Just curious as I'm just getting started and only have one. Also, do you know if the sixe of the BTR and Discovery are the same or is the Discovery smaller?

Thansk!

Toad, are those all in your collection? I'm impressed! Why have so many of the same look and make? Just curious as I'm just getting started and only have one. Also, do you know if the sixe of the BTR and Discovery are the same or is the Discovery smaller?

That's a gen Rolex Sub collection...worth probably more than most people's REALLY nice houses. With 60 watches worth AT LEAST $15,000 each...you're talking close to a million. Likely there are some in there worth $30-50K, and likely one or 2 approaching $100K on their own. I didn't take an overly close look...but that collection is worth A LOT!!

It was from a post by Nanuq likely taken from TZ or one of the Rolex forums.

It's a collecting thing...you either get it or you don't.

The BTR is larger than the Discovery.