When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APROO Black Themes OR Volcano Seconds at 12

Ive been contemplating on a new watch for a while....had my eyes on the updated Barichello version...but the watch doesn't seem to be up to the mark as yet....Now deciding on whether to go go for the Black Themes or the Volcano..could someone please comment on which of them is more accurate as comared to the gym..also for an aftermarket strap...is apbands the best or are there other dealers for the same..

the volcano is the slightly more accurate rep, but theres no one who could call you out on the black themes and not also know that the volcano is a rep just as easily. Basically, get whichever one you like better. I would go with the black themes because its more versatile. As far as the straps, you can go with AP bands or strapluxe or oracle.

I'm thinking of the white/blue Themes.. this seems to be one of most accurate of the AP line.. I already have a black dial AP.. still undecided on another AP though..

I'm having hktan build me a gator OEM spec strap..

L

I'm thinking of the white/blue Themes.. this seems to be one of most accurate of the AP line.. I already have a black dial AP.. still undecided on another AP though..

I'm having hktan build me a gator OEM spec strap..

L

Why not consider the Volcano, mate? I am though... ;)

The 2 watches have totally different looks!

i personally would buy the Black Themes...

Only because that's the look I like....

I wouldn't wear a volcano..

Different strokes for different folks...

Isn't that what makes the world go around...;)

MM

oh yeah, interesting is that josh site has it right, trustys dont

very odd

i got it from sead who corrected me about that anyways, lol

its money

i almost wore it to the AP boutique in bal harbor, but i couldnt knowing there are only 100 of these and most in singapore

if i had a blackthemes, no hesitation

there is a new titanium one coming out, grey dial with red highlights, hot

oh yeah, interesting is that josh site has it right, trustys dont

very odd

i got it from sead who corrected me about that anyways, lol

its money

i almost wore it to the AP boutique in bal harbor, but i couldnt knowing there are only 100 of these and most in singapore

if i had a blackthemes, no hesitation

there is a new titanium one coming out, grey dial with red highlights, hot

there is only one very Cardinal Rule.. never for any reason .. ever wear a replicated watch into an AD.. EVER.. no excuse nor reason .. it should be self explanitory..

Nothing good will ever come out of wearing a rep into an AD..

This is the first issue all Noobs need to adhere to .,.NO MATTER how good you think the rep is...

NEVER .. EVER.. Go THERE !!!!

Lani

Ive been contemplating on a new watch for a while....had my eyes on the updated Barichello version...but the watch doesn't seem to be up to the mark as yet....Now deciding on whether to go go for the Black Themes or the Volcano..could someone please comment on which of them is more accurate as comared to the gym..also for an aftermarket strap...is apbands the best or are there other dealers for the same..

I'd go for Black Themes over the Volcano just because of aesthetics. The bright orange on the Volcano is very distastefully done and am still shocked as to why AP came out with that color....it is just plain ugly.

And as for aftermarket straps, lots of people here including myself favor StrapLuxe over Apbands. You may consider trying them out.

guys I am in the same boat...

... I cannot decide which one is the most accurate between:

- black theme

- navy theme

- volcano with SS bracelet (does it exist or the gen is only with crock strap?)

- black theme with yellow numbers and hands

PLEASE HELP ME TOO!!!

The gen Volcano only came with hornback strap. SS bracelet on a vocalno shouts out REPLICA!!

If you are experienced in "louder" watches....go VOLCANO

if you are more the standard watchguy....go black THEMES

Theo

The last 3 watches ive bought are what i would describe as standard...although this time wanted to experience a watch that was a louder...only concern i have is the accuracy of the watches in consideration...

I'd go for Black Themes over the Volcano just because of aesthetics. The bright orange on the Volcano is very distastefully done and am still shocked as to why AP came out with that color....it is just plain ugly.

And as for aftermarket straps, lots of people here including myself favor StrapLuxe over Apbands. You may consider trying them out.

For the aftermarket straps that are available, strapluxe doesn't have the hornback strap and AP Bands would tae about 3-5 weeks to deliver it. Is there anywhere else i can source it from, Would be open to buying a gen strap as well.

For the aftermarket straps that are available, strapluxe doesn't have the hornback strap and AP Bands would tae about 3-5 weeks to deliver it. Is there anywhere else i can source it from, Would be open to buying a gen strap as well.

Where are you located? APBands doesn't take that long.....BTW: good luck with getting a Gen Strap! Not unless u have a GEN, AP controls the sale of there parts and Straps. You have to fill up a form with the Serial Number before they'll sell anything to you! I had to go thru that to get a gen Rubber for my Safari:

Before:

safariwrst1024mod.jpg

After:

aproosaf1ewg7.jpg

p2100167hl9.jpg

I beg to differ!! I think the bright orange is exactly what brings out the character of the Volcano. I love the orange on the dial, AND the orange stitching on the hornback.

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on one! Once they offer a pseudo-hornback (the one with calf leather) with ORANGE STITCHING on the rep, that is.

I love my Volcano, here's a few shots of mine with a GEN AP hornback for your kind consideration........

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg

VolcanoHBstrap1.jpg

VolcanoDial7.jpg

Hi Apollo,

Thats an awesome piece...which dealer did you get it from...also from where did you source the Gen Strap.