When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eddies latest LV

Thor

Is Eddies latest LV just the same as the others? It seems the CG isn't as pointed as Josh's but that may just be the photo's. Any other obvious errors?

http://photogalleryforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1515

Date wheel font appears to be too bold.

Date mag is a little too small, I think...kinda like Paul's "new 2006" Submariners he had for a while....for less than the "original style" subs...

I think the CG's look better than the CN's...and the bezel pearl is as good as any.

Which font? Date wheel? Maybe, but only noticeable side by side w/ gen.

I like the dial. Rehuat looks good. Pearl is excellent. Correct bezel color? Check. Brushing on bracelet looks very nice. Crown guards nearly there. Depending on price, if I didn't have an LV I'd buy this and not even bother to mod it.

In fact, unless doubling the price of the watch is worth fooling an additional .001% of the people you meet, I wouldn't mod any of the current high end subs.

Date wheel font is too bold. Not maybe - it is. And, aren't all the things that we nitpick about on this board really only noticable side by side w/ gen or upon close inspection by someone who knows what to look for without the a gen in-hand. Hell, it could say RALEX, and still not be noticed 2 feet away on one's wrist.

EL is a good dealer, ships fast and backs up his product. But, you pay a bit more for that level of service. To some, it is worth it. One might also consider the latest offerings from Andrew, Neil or Luckyyy:

Andrews

241-8222.jpg

Neil's

241-8223.jpg

Luckyyy's

241-8224.jpg

Truth is, you can't go wrong with any of our dealer and their reps. They are all light years ahead of where reps were a couple of years ago.

:Jumpy: So much choice and for a newbie a little confusing! Come on gentlemen, which is the best?

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry but date font may be a bit bolder in one of these beauties, but not noticiable at all! :sleep: Even having pics together you see just a slight difference.

Looks very close, the font is slightly off, but that is with the blownup pictures. I am guessing that in person it would appear much closer to Grn. I may have to order this one.

just received a black sub and a lv from el. the black one has the same date font as the pics of els lv, bolder and offset to the left. the lv looks like the pics of andrews, fonts are smaller and centered very well. overall i am very happy with both and probably will not mod. the etched crown on both crystals is almost impossiable to see. i can only see with magnafing glass and perfect lighting