When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I just noticed the chrono seconds hand doesn't line up at the 12

Prsist

Either it arrived that way (you need to remove the hand & reinstall in the correct position) or the hand's tube (that fits onto the wheel pinion) is loose (replace or repair the hand joint with tiny speck of epoxy).

Freddy, you say that with such ease. My skill level stops at winding my watches! :o

She probably should be sent off to get a good service. From what I've read servicing an A7750 within the first 9 months helps ensure a long lasting movt.

She probably should be sent off to get a good service. From what I've read servicing an A7750 within the first 9 months helps ensure a long lasting movt.

You are absolutely correct on all counts. Freddy is a master...so can say (and accomplilsh) many things horological with ease that would make me pull out my hair.

I can accomplish the same things as Freddy with even easier ease...because I send my stuff out to Watchdog. ;)

The issue that Freddy is highlighting is, that if it's a matter of a hand re-setting, any watch maker can do this as it does not involve specialized chrono movement expertise.

If it involves a loose hand tube, a watchmaker may or may not feel comfortable gluing the hands together. You can engage discussion with a local watch maker and see what success you have...or you can do what many do...ship back for repair...or have the movement serviced. If it resets to the same spot (not "12") all the time...consistently, then it likely is just a hand resetting job.

Good luck...and keep us posted on what works.

My n00bie tip :)

I also got my Discovery with the exact same problem as you and i posted about it here:

hxxp://www.rwg.cc/members/Ebel-1911-Discovery-Chron-t92234.html&hl=slask

I just wore mine for a few days and then used the chrono. When pushing reset button the marker went back to 12h position. Happy days :)

Best of luck.

Freddy, you say that with such ease. My skill level stops at winding my watches! :o

Sorry. When I said 'you', I meant your watchmaker (on your behalf) need to reinstall or repair the hand. My apologies.