When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jaeger LeCoultre Dual-Time from king

db1

Hey,

as you probably noticed, i'm trying to explore a new range of watches, with a far different style from what i had in mind all the time (breitlings)

on my search for a simple, yet "complex" rep, with a classy look to it. which also has to be below the 44mm case diameter in size :)

i came across a few, still exploring,

recently ive had a look on king's JLC Dual-Time rep, it comes in a few variation of dials, it has the ST25 (or similar) seagull/seagull copy movement which i know is one of the higher end, high quality in the asian movement range.

and even though it's a fantasy model (original model is slightly different on the dial and hands) it's still pretty nice.

now- it says that the dual-time feature is working right, i was wondering if it really works like it should,

could i adjust each of the two time-zones individually?

what about the reliability of such mod ? would it hold just fine ?

i see only one crown, and the famous reccesed pusher for changing the date (if i remember).

did anyone on the board tried this one before ?

here's the watch i'm talking about:

http://www.kingwatches.net/JL-027.htm

db :)

hey thanks for the link,

even though that thread at RG looks more like irony than info or experience on the watch :p

i was more into opinions of people on the board about this rep , and maybe somebody even had this one and can tell about it's qualities or not ;)

sounds strange but even though it's not per-gen, it's still nice =]

Not had this model before, but I had had a few fly-back day setting reps. All have failed with the flyback mechanism. Whilst the movement may or may not be a reasonable one, the usual rep poor assembly and lubrication doesn't bode well for flybacks. I don't touch them now.

The watch looks OK, though personally the 14mm depth would put me off. It seems too clunky for my wrist anyway.

thanks for the input bossart!

yeah 14mm is like wearing a PAM without being a PAM rep ;) i was looking for something less bulkier but the dual-time dial had captured my eye.. lol

about the fly-back mechanism : i didn't know that a day indicator can be problematic- i know the reps with minute or worse- seconds fly-backs are supposed to be problematic cause of poor assembly or low quality parts, but also a day fly-back is bad? it suppose to move only once every day- is that as bad as you said?

i wish there was a similar rep (dual time zones) that is less thicker on the case and without problematic fly-backs module.

does anyone knows anything more about the fly-back hands in our reps ? are they a big issue regarding to failures ?

thanks in advance,

db