When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Straps ~ Same Good Watches! - Suitable For Diving!

Bignasty

So I've got several modern Subs now and wanted to add some variety to my collection. I searched and searched for a nice tactical style strap. I've got a blue/grey Nato strap but I'm just not a fan, they don't feel substantial enough on my arm. I found a very nice looking Nato style strap that used Velcro. I liked what I saw but the store was closed for an extended holiday. So I decided to drop by my local Wal-Mart to check out the selection, but not the selection of straps but rather the selection of cheap crappy watches. Thats right I found this strap on a watch. Bought the whole shabang for about $7. Threw the crap digi-quartz in the trash and kept the strap.

Here's the results:

100202-26420.jpg

100202-26421.jpg

I also wanted to spruce up my 4th Gen PO so I decided to go rubber. Since the Gen straps cost as much as the watch I decided not to go that route. And since the rep straps don't fit the 4th Gen models that wasn't an option either. So I did some more searching and found this very nice deal for around $15 shipped. The buckle was originally brushed all over. I decided that at least part needed to be polished to match the watch. So after a little loving from my Dremel I've got a completed project of which I'm also very pleased! I'm going to order another of these straps in blue for my SMP!

Here's the results:

100202-26422.jpg

100202-26423.jpg

The new pair:

100202-26424.jpg

And the wrist shots:

100202-26425.jpg

100202-26426.jpg

Cheers,

Jon :victory: