When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vinatge Panerai Project

athan

Hi to all,

Vintage Panerai experts, I need your help!

I'm thinking of a vintage Panerai project, based on 3646 Marina Militare, with Brevettato open case back.

At a later stage I would consider a Cortebert movement, but not for now.

I'm already in contact with VDB for the budgeting of the mods, but I need a good starting point.

Which case/dial should I go for?

Is DSN's MM a good start?

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/wat...INA%20MILITARE/

DSN's dial looks inaccurate, with wrong lettering and too thick numbers. I like the shape of his case and the overall looks of the watch - without knowing if it's even close to the real thing though.

So far, I haven't seen anything else matching my request from the cartel dealers, but maybe I'm wrong.

Today I came across to this Madoka-biz.com! Never heard of them before:

http://album.madoka-biz.com/Watches/Panera...3646%20vintage/

http://album.madoka-biz.com/Watches/Panera...ine%20militare/

Does anybody know them?

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

Athan

Thank you Clint Eastwood, I appreciated your reply,

Man, I've always admired your work!

I understand your point there.

I'm interested in a 3646 MM with Brevettato open case back.

Do I order a case a such from Silix, or elsewhere, or do I have to do some interbreeding?

I can't find it on their site.

Also, what about the dial?

Is there a "must" MM dial out there? (Like the ones that FGD makes for the Pre-A models).

Many thanks in advance,

Athan

i always use the cheap one with lot of mods.

I usualy buy it from silix, but case need a lot of work; it's the same you put the link with madoka.

You don't need to buy high price case because all need a lot of work

Here the result after i put lot of hours of work on it :

For enngraved brevettato case back i don't know if the dsn ones can fit a silix case.

But for the dial, the only good one are the one from RMsherry, because the only one who are engraved , see the parts for sale section i have see a post about it last week; this dial are exceptionnal.

But historicaly, a 3646 with MM dial is not realy good, 3646 are more a world war two watche, but the italian navy only become "marina militare" instead of royal marina after WW2, so a radiomir dial of a sterile kampfschwimmer will better.

For enngraved brevettato case back i don't know if the dsn ones can fit a silix case.

But for the dial, the only good one are the one from RMsherry, because the only one who are engraved , see the parts for sale section i have see a post about it last week; this dial are exceptionnal.

But historicaly, a 3646 with MM dial is not realy good, 3646 are more a world war two watche, but the italian navy only become "marina militare" instead of royal marina after WW2, so a radiomir dial of a sterile kampfschwimmer will better.

Great pieces of information, thank you so much Clint Eastwood!