When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Porto or Tag Carrera Chrono

koolkul

Just can't decide between these two watches both in my opinion are lovely watches I was struck by the Tag first but once I'd seen the IWC that took my fancy as well - so I need advice from the collective enthusiasts here as to which one to buy?

http://ptswiss.com/product_info.php?products_id=134

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1618

Many Thanks,

Kul

The Porto is a STUNNING watch...but has a timebomb movement that may die within 6 months...or last a year if you're lucky. Some have had success having a graphite treatment to reduce the premature wear that the bear metal gears experience because of the movement mod to move the running seconds to the 6-o-clock position.

The Carrera as an alternative is beautiful. Much more beautiful in person than the pics show. I have the Carrera racing (black with red hands)...awesome.

Consider as well, the Ebel Discovery in the panda style.

You've very similar taste in watches to myself. I got a Tag Carrera as my first rep, and have wanted a IWC Portuguese for awhile.

Personally i see the Carrera as more of a smart casual/sports watch and the Portuguese as a dress watch, which is why I could justify owning both!

It all comes down to what situations you think you'll be using this watch most, only reason I don't have a Portuguese is the dress occasions I go to at present aren't often enough to warrant a dress watch....

You'll be happy whatever you get but the Carrera is more practical and I think you'd get more ware out of it!

-G