When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When do you start to worry?

GHBG35

I purchased a watch from a memebr here in April, and was told it was sent on 4-27. When should I expect it shipping from Canada? Is this a customs thing or am I just being an impatient Noob. I Know now I should have offered to pay for some tracking, the not knowing is killing me. I was Okay untill I received something this week from China that I ordered around the same time. UHHHG

Canadian Post is kind of funky for me sometimes. I've had parcels arrive in 3 business days, and my longest wait was 5 weeks. Both were with the expedited EMS equivalent method of shipping. So, it's difficult to say when you need to be concerned. Who knows... It could be out with your mail carrier right now, waiting to be delivered today.

Patience is one of those requisites with this hobby... But I know it's hard to be patient when you have something en route with anticipation building...

Ditto to Ubi's post..

It takes 7 business day's.. sometimes longer for Express Canada Post to Hawaii..

Canada Post is notoriously slow.. and with the economy the way it is it has slowed down even more

and to add to that USPS has laid off hundreds of Postal employees.. slowing things down two fold

Postal Carriers here in the States who used to do 1 route are now doing 3. and less workers at the Units means more lag time

if your parcel did not go out Express.. it could realistically be 2 to 3 weeks.

L

I gotta say... I was about ready to tear my hair out waiting for 5 weeks... The wait is part of the excitement to an extent; there comes a time when that excitement turns to worry, then to concern and then to being a frantic, nerve racking mess :) For me, the above transition took place in the course of 2 hours or so, on the last day before my watch finally arrived...

:D

I gotta say... I was about ready to tear my hair out waiting for 5 weeks... The wait is part of the excitement to an extent; there comes a time when that excitement turns to worry, then to concern and then to being a frantic, nerve racking mess :) For me, the above transition took place in the course of 2 hours or so, on the last day before my watch finally arrived...

:D

couldn't agree more with that mate!

it pretty much sums up the whole experience of rep-collecting! till date, i still get the same feelings... even for parts... :lol:

It's crazy that in a age of instant gratification, we put ourselves through this. I have been running home after work to get to the mail, I feel like a 9 year old waiting for that Pop gun ordered from sending in proof of purchase codes off the kellogs box. Do they even have those anymore?

GHBG35,

From my own personal experience....

I won an auction on this board from a guy in Canada. I am in the CONUS. I got the tracking number and all was well...

It took 16 WEEKS (no exaggeration) to get here. I managed to time it about the same time as the postal strike, and winter hollidays.

I know that this was extreme, but once you get the tracking number its just the wait game.

It sucks, I know.

I am just glad that its a mail thing rather than 'one of the guys STILL hasnt given me a tracking number after I sent money' threads...

Been there, done that too....

The wait time wil make you apreciate it all the more ;)

Wear it well!

Best,

-K