When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

brief comments on AP barrichello

fotoman

ap2n.jpg

well, my first thought about this watch is HOLY [censored] its expensive. I have been looking for quite some time for a watch that was a great rep, but also was a "ruff" watch, something you would wear with jeans and a t shirt and its rugged and looks cool.

i wanted to try this one out.

Upsides

Very nice watch, very comfortable, stock strap does the job just fine, the watch has a look and feel of an expensive watch, everything is finished just great.

Downsides

the price, - other than that, there is something wrong with the dial placement because he date window is cut off slightly. If you compare it to a regular AP, you will notice how large the rehaut is, i'm guessing the rehaut was where the mistake happened.

This watch SCREAMS for chieftang, its growing on me, but i think with the AR it will really POP in a way it doesn't now.

also, this is a gripe with the gen not the rep, but i think this watch woul look 100x better with polished cyramic on the top. With the brushed, it looks like any normal ap on top.

note - the see through dial issue, to me, no big deal, its so hard to see that unless your 1 foot away AND, how many people have ever seen the damn thing for real. - not the people i hang with.

Conclusion

I'm not sure this rep is worth the price tag unless your really into AP reps or if the price doesn't impact your disposable income :)

it is a very nice watch, comfortable and captures that rugged, ruff but awesome watch i have been looking for.

the watches in my collection which are seen below are all keepers, i don't think i could sell any of them. This one hasn't made it to that category yet, and it may never. but i'm willing to give it some time and AR

i think i will update this when the AR ccomes in, probably a good 3 months from that since i missed this last run.

Feel free to add your thoughts