When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you take a crystal out of a 1950 bezel

wan

Hello, i have a pam127 1950 and i want to change out the crystal on the watch. How can i remove the crystal from the bezel without hurting the bezel? You see its a Eddie Lee watch and i need the bezel to remain with this watch but i have a better crystal. If anyone can give me a tutorial on how to take the old crystal out and put the new crystal in it would be fantastic!!! Thanks, Wan

Hello, i have a pam127 1950 and i want to change out the crystal on the watch. How can i remove the crystal from the bezel without hurting the bezel? You see its a Eddie Lee watch and i need the bezel to remain with this watch but i have a better crystal. If anyone can give me a tutorial on how to take the old crystal out and put the new crystal in it would be fantastic!!! Thanks, Wan

Any experts know this answer?????? Any help would be great!! Thanks, Wan

Hi Wan , so You eventually got a EL case :)

I have not tryed to press the crystal in to the bezel, only the bezel WITH the crystal already mountedl!

But it is best if You have a crystalpress where You can screw the dyes down to have more controll when You press the crystal down!

And You must also have dyes that are so big that they fit round the crystal ( it must only press against the outer part of the crystal! ).

And the dyes must be konvex inside so You do not crack the crystal ( easy to do if You press at the middle of the crystal!!) .

And last, You must be VERY careful when You press the crystal down so make sure that the crystal is absolutely straith over the case so it will not come down more on one side before the other.

Good luck B)

Any experts know this answer?????? Any help would be great!! Thanks, Wan

Did mine by hand I recall. Fairly easy as long as you're careful and are used to working with your hands and having a 'feel' for things.

Pushed crystal 'outwards' using both thumbs at the periphery and covered with t-shirt/cloth. Apply pressure slowly but firmly and it should just pop out. Beofre reinstalling new crystal, check gasket is not out of place. Then just reverse procedure to install new one into the gasket/bezel assembly, keeping the crystal straight.

With a sapphire crystal this delicate (shape, prone to shatter etc.) I preferred my 'feel' to that of a crystal press.