When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Luminor Bezel

cskent69

The only way to remove the bezel is to use a bezel removal tool, at about $300 for the tool, it's not something to pick up for only one job.

The bezel can't be pressed out from the inside, it has to be lifted off from the outside edge.

I DON"T recommend trying xacto or razor blades or box cutter knives etc, far far too dangerous...

RG

Guest avitt

Here's my patented technique ;) :

I use a Stanley knife blade. (It's much thicker, and more sturdy than a razor blade.) I stand the Luminor case upright on its side, and place the edge of the blade between the case and bezel (using a bit of scotch tape for extra protection against stcratches.) Holding the blade firmly, I then tap it with a jeweler's hammer...This has never failed to separate the bezel from the case. I then repeat the process from the other side, and lift the bezel off with a case knife.

Safety is key, so I always keep my fingers above the edge of the blade. (I cannot assume responsibility for your safety if you try this.)

I also have one of these, which would also work:

590665.jpg

...but as mentioned, these bezel tools are expensive, and are far more likely to scratch the case than the process described above.

Place case in vice... wack bezel with hockey puck at 65 degree angle 25-35 times... should pop right off!!

re-installation requires 2 pucks...

Now I'm gonna have to take a bezel off just to try it... geeezz... thanks guys...

• 1 year later...

you're talking about reps so maybe they're compatible... the gens look like the jfu case in the pics above... you can order new bezels from DSN and they'll fit most cartel cases... ultimate cases are not gen like and don't have a replaceable bezel... ultimate cases are pressed out from the inside... all others use the knife method and I wouldn't recommend a bezel tool... gens have a tiny opening along the edge to start the removal...

I use a bare razor blade and get the bezel lifted carefully... some reps bezels are glued down so be careful... work your way around the bezel... after the bezels started it'll get easier... I ground a little service notch in my replacement bezels to match the gen... again if you are working on an ultimate 104 or 088 this won't work since they don't have removable bezels...