When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel 1911 Discovery Chrono

morlock

DSC01108.jpg

I felt in love with the Ebel 1911 Discovery Chrono back in Sept. 2007 when I first saw it at a magazine waiting in an airport. Due Ebel is not so popular and not so many AD handles it, the Ebel became one of those lost love.

Then I joined RWG and found the By-Tor review (link HERE), and my eyes could believe how good was the rep. As time goes by, and after many other reps, finally I ordered from Andrew a couple of weeks ago. For a moment I almost ordered the new TH Carrera DD, if you have read some of my post you should know about my affection for TH, but love prevail and ordered the Ebel.

Due By-Tor review is a masterpiece, it's just silly to try to write something that even comes close to his review. So I just write down some impressions.

1.- For my wrist (6.7") the Ebel should be huge with 44.5 mm, but for some reason it just fits perfect. Maybe it's due the 39 mm black fixed bezel stand out against the case and pusher. I don't really know why, but it feels great.

2.- The dial is just awesome. I always love the 3D effect on a dial, and the dial on the 1911 has every 3D element available: raised subdials rings, applied hour markers, velvet date-day windows, prominent rehauld, and applied ebel brand. You name it, it has it. :)

3.- Non conventional case. The hexagonal trade mark case is gorgeous.

4.- The caseback is just perfect. Crisp engrave, right wording and fonts. Even the model and serial numbers are correct.

5.- The SS bracelet is the perfect blend of polished and brushed links, with the middle link slightly curved, as with the case, to set it apart from conventional designs.

The Ebel 1911 is the perfect mix of elegant and sportive design, you could wear it with jeans or with a tux, it would look just at home.

Well enough with the writing, here you have the pics, enjoy it.

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

Great choice my friend. Welcome to the club. I also love mine... and it's great to have at least one white dialed watch in your collection. :tu:

Awesome pics...and a great pick!! I was heading towards to the white Tag Carrera Day Date until you reminded how good this one is!!

Toad, thanks and go for the Ebel, the TH could wait a little :)

Great choice my friend. Welcome to the club. I also love mine... and it's great to have at least one white dialed watch in your collection. :tu:

B-T, thanks, you pointed me in the right direction with your review.