When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

http://www.oscommerce.com/

Dani

Hi,

Anyone out their whit knowledge on setting up this type of shop?

I need a web shop set up, pay hosting we can talk about on email.

Pleas send me a pm if you can help.

I only need the initial set up, editing i can do myself.

Cheers.

D

If you get a web hosting with cpanel feature with fantastico capability, then you're pretty sorted. cpanel is a backend control panel tool for your websites, and fantastico is a module in cpanel which allows you to installs several difference web software like forums, content management packages and shopping carts.

A one click option will install oscommerce for you, it's simply a matter of you sorting out the back end stock and writing content.

if you can use a forum, then you can pretty easily use cpanel and fantastico.

If you get a web hosting with cpanel feature with fantastico capability, then you're pretty sorted. cpanel is a backend control panel tool for your websites, and fantastico is a module in cpanel which allows you to installs several difference web software like forums, content management packages and shopping carts.

A one click option will install oscommerce for you, it's simply a matter of you sorting out the back end stock and writing content.

if you can use a forum, then you can pretty easily use cpanel and fantastico.

cpanel is the same as php4???, where i bought my domain they have that and Mysql.

I would take this offer up, but really I'd feel like I was stealing candy from a baby and feel pretty bad with myself because the task at hand is so straightforward.

Not really as i suck at pc coding and such..

I'll help you out if you need it.

Thanks,ill contact you if i need help :)

cpanel is the same as php4???, where i bought my domain they have that and Mysql.

Not really as i suck at pc coding and such..

Thanks,ill contact you if i need help :)

Hi Dani, php4 is not the same as cpanel. I'll try my best to assist you along the process via pm so that you can do this yourself and hopefuly learn how to do it along the way.

Ideally you should have cpanel stated as one of the features of the package, if it does not then it probably doesn't have it.

Which company did you register with?? I think hostgator is a good cheap feature packed web host. If you let me know which company you bought the hosting from and which package I'll look into it.

Thanks

Karim