When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP clarification :(

unkindone

okayyyy, so.....I have searched around here and still can't really find a clear answer.

I know the v1 5002 is far superior to the v2.......but, is the v2 referring to the 5004?? or is there a 5002 v2?

angus has a 5004 2nd version, is that the not so accurate one?

they are all basically the same price......even the 5002 with faux PR....super confused :(

I like how the 5004 has no "9" subdial, seems more accurate to later BP's....or am I wrong.......omg im so lost :(!!!!!! help pleaseeeeee :huh:

p.s. - as for the BP straps, are they all the same quality? best to get a OEM?

I am not much of a fan of the 'V' labelling system it causes this confusion, especially when the watches are actually coming from different factories, and not a newer version of a predecessor, but instead a brand new watch from a totally different place.

As for the IWC accuracy, get the one that has the faux power reserve (V1 I think). You can get that in both 5002 and 5004 (now with the correct fat hands)

The working power reserve model (V2 I think) has the wrong dial layout, the date window is bad and the power reserve is too close to the center of the dial.

The ones listed on the first page here are the most accurate ones;

http://www.jpc8118.com/pliot-series-c-106_214.html

I am not much of a fan of the 'V' labelling system it causes this confusion, especially when the watches are actually coming from different factories, and not a newer version of a predecessor, but instead a brand new watch from a totally different place.

As for the IWC accuracy, get the one that has the faux power reserve (V1 I think). You can get that in both 5002 and 5004 (now with the correct fat hands)

The working power reserve model (V2 I think) has the wrong dial layout, the date window is bad and the power reserve is too close to the center of the dial.

The ones listed on the first page here are the most accurate ones;

http://www.jpc8118.com/pliot-series-c-106_214.html

Thanks!

but I think the v2 5004....has the faux PR? well, so it says on TT. this is what confused me the most.... :(

Perfectclones doesn't even have them listed as v1 or v2......so I guess he doesn't carry v2????? I hope?? :|

Edited by unkindone

Thanks!

but I think the v2 5004....has the faux PR? well, so it says on TT. this is what confused me the most.... :(

Perfectclones doesn't even have them listed as v1 or v2......so I guess he doesn't carry v2????? I hope?? :|

Lol this is going to get complicated but here goes.....:)

Joshua posted the pictures of the 5002 a while ago, this was termed the V1;

8.jpg

Then Puretime listed this one and it was termed the V2; These have the faux power reserve and are less acurate

IWC-BP-BLK-2-01.JPG

Josh listed a 5004 V1 after this was released, but the hands were the same as the 5002 he released, which is incorrect because the 5004 has wider hands.

Then the correct version with fat hands was released, and has probably been termed as the V2, but it bears no correspondence to Puretime's V2. It is a V2 of the V1 that Josh listed if that makes sense :S

1.jpg

the BP 5002 and 5004 on Joshua's site is the most accurate to date.. it is not a 1:1 replication .. but the best out to date.. and for the price there is no complaining from me... :)

We have waited for such a long time for these to be replicated ... they were welcomed editions !!

as for the strap.. I have a few examples of hktan buffalo and gator.. (genuine is croc. ) .. in this (IWC) section.

The strap and some modding will make all the difference..

I'm not modding my 5004 .. it is an inexpensive movement .. so I will just enjoy it with a nice strap.. B)

A~C

Lani

ordering one from Joshua as we speak :)

pretty excited! not really looking forward to the strap though.......been in talks with frogman, yet he doesn't make a BP strap.

and I can't get a hold of hktan! :( anyone else here, or on the net that makes nice BP straps?