When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[Question] 1665 Bezel Insert, will it fit a 1680?

Pre V

Upon comparing Item number: 350187181542 with Item number: 250420660927 from jewelryoutlet555, it seems that the SD bezel insert is more historically correct for the 1680.

Got a SD bezel fitted on an MBW 1665 and wondering.....

Anyone knows if bezel insert for 1665 will fit a 1680? "on an MBW"

Thanks for your input.

If that's another alias of wholesaleoutlet, then don't buy from that seller. Mr Slimeball as he's known here. Purveyor of aftermarket crap. If you're lucky enough to receive something, it's just as likely to be the wrong item anyway.

You can pick up half-decent aftermarket inserts from a variety of other sources, Clarks, Cousins etc. The best outside of gen IMO is from MY at CWP as it will fit a gen pearl.

Oh and by the way, it's the same insert for the 1665 as the 1680. It's actually referenced as a 5513 insert, even as a gen part.

Ok guys, listen up :) Quick tutorial (learned the hard way) on inserts:

First of all, neither one of the Jewelry outlet inserts are the correct part for your MBW 1680, and here's why. The jewelry outlet insert is indeed excellent, and the insert of choice for modern submariners (when used with a watchmaterial pearl). The size of the pearl in modern subs/seadwellers is much larger than a vintage insert. Check out this thread by our sub guru bklm:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/JewelryOutlet-In...atc-t75312.html

Next, you're probably wondering, ok, where the hell do I find an insert that has the correct pearl size and font?

You could go to Mr Slimeball (this is where you too can learn the hard way). Or, you can choose to go to yuki and simply buy his insert and pearl.

That's it, you're done!!!

Of course you can still go for that faded look and set up a dish of Nitric and Phosphoric acid (I know, that sounds nasty, doesn't it? In actuality, it's a weak acid solution used to clean tile, and less harsh on your beautiful insert than bleach). Keep an eye on your insert while it's in there. The dark streaks that begin to form in the solution is actually the paint releasing from your metal insert.

This info has been discussed here ad infinitum, and I'm sure a little searching through our archives will reveal more info from members who have tackled this problem years ago.

Thanks JJ!

Just shot Yuki an email before reading your thread. Will do as advised.

As my current MBW 1665 has the jewelryoutlet bezel, not too shabby but the pearl is still incorrect, I was thinking of that option.

On the other hand, I will just purchase a Yuki pearl and wear the 1680 bezel out before any replacement.

Thanks once again!

Pre V

• 1 year later...