When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

urgent question: 5002 BP straps: quality brown vs. black

simzger

hello guys

i still cannot decide between the two straps.

someone mentioned the brown leather strap is better than the black one (quality- and accuracy-wise).

can anyone confirm, is that (still) the case?

also another question: will the strap fit a 3717?

cheers

simzger

Edited by simzger

i'm not sure why people insist that the brown and black quality is different? i've owned them both and they are the same poor quality. for accuracy, the genuine 5002 comes on a brown leather strap while the 5004 comes on a black alligator strap. the lugs are 22mm x 18mm, i'm not sure what they are on the 3717? i hope this helps.

i'm not sure why people insist that the brown and black quality is different? i've owned them both and they are the same poor quality. for accuracy, the genuine 5002 comes on a brown leather strap while the 5004 comes on a black alligator strap. the lugs are 22mm x 18mm, i'm not sure what they are on the 3717? i hope this helps.

hey guys

i just cannot understand why you all say the straps are crap, in this review of lanikai he praises the strap and the strap looks really good on those pictures.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Die-Grosse-Flieg...=BP+5002+review

(scroll down to the middle)

regards

simzger

• 1 month later...
hey guys

i just cannot understand why you all say the straps are crap, in this review of lanikai he praises the strap and the strap looks really good on those pictures.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Die-Grosse-Flieg...=BP+5002+review

(scroll down to the middle)

regards

simzger

Lani is indeed the expert, but I can see where folks have been critical of the rep strap. The sides have this weird plastic coating that looks well quite synthetic. The rest of the strap looks pretty good tho! :)

Tony