When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dilemma

Coeuss

Guys I received a beginmariner last night and the second hand is jumping around like crazy and the crown is hard to screw down. Ive gone back and forth with the dealer who finally said send it back where I have to pay for shipping and no reimbursement for the shipping and wouldnt send another watch until he received the other one even though Ive sent back two watches before for issues like DOA and stripped crown threads. So the more I think about it the angrier I get.

Do you guys think it would be wrong for me to say Im sending the watch back and I want a refund for the purchase price of the watch not even for the shipping. I discussed it with my colleagues whom Ive gotten into reps and we all agreed that we were only going to buy from Chris at Eurotimez because of all the QC issues that we are having with the other dealers. Not to say that Chris doesnt have his problems but at least you know someone has QCd it. I dunno what do you guys think should I ask for a refund?

Heres the original thread http://www.rwg.cc/members/brand-beginmarin...hl=beginmariner

That's a bummer. When I first started with the reps, I had generally bad experiences with the Asian movements...sent a bunch of watches back with crappy movements (dead or slipped datewheels). It's annoying because some people have great experiences with the Asian movements...and others have had a series of dud experiences.

This is hit and miss with the Asian movements and the solutions are:

• Return it...again for repair...paying for shipping and waiting 2 months for the fixed item (I've had to do this 3x...on a watch that cost $100...not so cost effective eh?)
  • If you ask to upgrade to a Swiss movement...it MAY be more reliable (but some say the dirtiness of some of the ETA movements...if they are ETA) makes them STILL unreliable without servicing...and you'll have to pay RETURN shipping as well as it will be considered a new order
  • Stick to A7750s which can be expensive to maintain...but when serviced solid as a rock and makes for amazing designs
  • Learn to swap movements on your own...and buy a few of them.

Good luck.

Believe I discovered what the problem was after some research and The Zigmeister can probably verify but believe that the indirect drive is jacked up. Watching the second hands from 6-12 horizontal shows the second hand jumping and on the way back up working smooth somewhat. The tension spring associated with it either needs adjument or replacement. Called my local guy and he said 20 bucks to look at and 70 to fix. bummer