When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

THE classic watch

mellus

Well; I assumed this was a gen with the pics & box!

Upon further inspection still can't really decide with the angles of the pics; (this is the whole point of our hobby I guess!)

If it was a rep I'd say: Insert could look a little more recessed, end links could look slightly tighter, crown threading could look a little cleaner..

but on the flipside: Cg's look nice, dial looks clean, cg's and bezel assembly & teeth look nicely polished and machined, and it looks to my eyes like the famous By-Tor 'Gen' feature (the indented lip beneath the crystal line) is there, indicating a gen crystal assembly or a WM9 casing.

Pearls are really difficult to see in pictures, because even a gen pearl with harsh lighting and a straight on shot from a high end camera look 'zittish' because of the nature of the pearl (a domed but recessed blob of lume, covered with a domed clear layer of epoxy/clear substance).

Go on, put me out of my misery and tell me. My comments were made about my yearning for the day I get to my first Rolex gen (a brand I disliked when I first signed up to this forum. *hint hint b16a2*)

Well; I assumed this was a gen with the pics & box!

Upon further inspection still can't really decide with the angles of the pics; (this is the whole point of our hobby I guess!)

If it was a rep I'd say: Insert could look a little more recessed, end links could look slightly tighter, crown threading could look a little cleaner..

but on the flipside: Cg's look nice, dial looks clean, cg's and bezel assembly & teeth look nicely polished and machined, and it looks to my eyes like the famous By-Tor 'Gen' feature (the indented lip beneath the crystal line) is there, indicating a gen crystal assembly or a WM9 casing.

Pearls are really difficult to see in pictures, because even a gen pearl with harsh lighting and a straight on shot from a high end camera look 'zittish' because of the nature of the pearl (a domed but recessed blob of lume, covered with a domed clear layer of epoxy/clear substance).

Go on, put me out of my misery and tell me. My comments were made about my yearning for the day I get to my first Rolex gen (a brand I disliked when I first signed up to this forum. *hint hint b16a2*)

Details:

- confirmed swiss ETA movement running well

- clarks crystal installed

- steel bracelet with sharp and deep-sitting endlinks

- centered cyclops

- aligned bezel

- all gaskets in place and greased

- gen insert and pearl

- noob dial

- datewheel with "smart font" like gen

- slightly trimmed CGs and repolished/resmoothened

Box and cover are gen.

Thank you once again, Namor :)

Utterly AMAZING Sub. Congrats!!!

The base watch might even be my old WM9 version 1. It had sensational SELs.

If I recall correctly I traded it to Namor. :tu:

Utterly AMAZING Sub. Congrats!!!

The base watch might even be my old WM9 version 1. It had sensational SELs.

If I recall correctly I traded it to Namor. :tu:

You recall absolute correctly, By-Tor ;) Thx for compliments ... :)