When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally bought an SOH .........very happy

JimmyT

Hi Y'all,

finally bought an SOH from a member here (name withheld) at a fair price and am really happy with it.

He's only worn it a few times, has the swiss ETA movement and it looks pristine and only gains around

3 seconds over 60 hours.

At the mo I'm wearing it with the Blue croc band that came with it but have ordered a custom sized 4mm

"Monster Mesh" polished mesh band for it from Jurgen Hauff - he has some really good stuff.

There's a Picture of it below.

You guys have probably been there but here's his site anyway - http://www.jurgensusa.com/

Sorry the pics are a bit crap but I took them in a hurry with no tent and bad light.

Anyway this little duck is a happy chappy.

Cheers & beers from Oz

Jim

AustraliaFlag1.gif

SOH1a.jpg

SOH2a.jpg

SOH4a-1-1.jpg

BreitlingSuperOcean2.jpg

Edited by JimmyT

Personally, I [censored] love,........ the Heritage.

People like to talk about 'Super Reps', blah, blah.......well, this watch is one of them, and it costs less than 300.00 bucks.

Hold this rep up next to the gen, and they are pretty much identical.

This model...'Version One'... has the misplaced letter spacing, but who cares.

Wear it well.

Personally, I [censored]ing love,........ the Heritage.

People like to talk about 'Super Reps', blah, blah.......well, this watch is one of them, and it costs less than 300.00 bucks.

Hold this rep up next to the gen, and they are pretty much identical.

This model...'Version One'... has the misplaced letter spacing, but who cares.

Wear it well.

Yeah Jeff, I've heard all that "Super Rep" crap too and I don't give a toss. Fact is if you like it, you buy it and wear it.

I have a Gen Omega SMP Pro 2254.50 Black dial/Bezel, a Rolex sub rep I bought from Chris and love them too

but the SOH is going to get just as much wrist time as any of them. Can't wait for the Polished Stainless mesh band to arrive though !

Cheers form Downunder

Jim T

BreitlingSuperOcean2.jpg

Congrats. You are in good company. :D

DSC_9608.jpg

DSC_8712.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

Thanks resampler,

your piece is a beauty. May I ask you is your mesh band a Lonestar, one of Jurgens or

a Gen? I can't see the clasp and can't tell.

Cheers from Oz

Jim T

AustraliaFlag1.gif

Brown looks very cool too Hike. It's nice to get away from black dials & bezels.

Luuurve the polished mesh though.

cheers & beers

Jim T

AustraliaFlag1.gif

Edited by JimmyT

I love this watch too. Just got one from another member here at RWG. Mine is black with a black croc strap. Looks great!

Wear yours well! Enjoy it!

Thank Steve, I love the Black too but almost all my Gens and reps are black so once I saw this Blue thing

It "Blue" (blew) me away !!!!!!!

Cheers

Jim

very nice!! im in the process of getting an SOH also :)

Good stuff astrograph. What colour are you going to shoot for and what band are you going to use, Blue croc

Blue / Black Ocean Racer or a S/Steel Mesh.

Personally as you can see in the bottom pic in my post I love the S/Steel Monster 4mm Polished Mesh. I'm getting mine from Jurgen Hauff. If you have a slim or extra large wrist he'll make you a custom band for a few extra bucks. I have a fairly slim wrist and the production "off the shelf" band don't go short enough

but they all have a 20mm adjustment at the clasp. You can see his stuff at : http://www.jurgensusa.com/

Lonestar watches have 24mm wide Meshies too. http://lonestarwatches.com/3.2Mesh.htm

I love mine and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

Jim T