When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Loctite version

801run

Hi,

Planning on doing an A7750 -> ETA7750 upgrade and will make sure to have the right version of Loctite by my side should I need it (which I guess I probably will) for the small chrono hands. As of now I have a Loctite superglue that dries instantly, in like 3 secs .. afraid to use that one on the hands in case I do not manage to get the hands in place quickly enough. Also, this superglue might be way to strong for hands, to be able to remove them later.

Searched the forum but wasn't able to find an answer to this one. Anyone has any recommendations? Loctite 222 (Low Strength) perhaps? Maybe 243 (Medium)?

Thanx!

801run

I find PVA wood glue works very well, Its gap filling, slow drying and can be diluted with water making it very thin. Its also very easy to clean up if you make an error. If you use it carefully its fairly easy to remove the hands later if needed. It can also be softened later with water if needed.

Thanx FxrAndy, think I will go with the weak threadlock. Searched around a bit on repgeek as well, and although I found no one using it for hands in particular, the overall opinion seemed to be that only the weakest loctite were suitable for watch parts.

Thanx FxrAndy, think I will go with the weak threadlock. Searched around a bit on repgeek as well, and although I found no one using it for hands in particular, the overall opinion seemed to be that only the weakest loctite were suitable for watch parts.

Does this specific loctite work for screw pins on bracements and Pam lugs? I read a The Zigmeister post referring to using loctite on his Pam and also someone else on their HBB on the case screws. Comments?

Does this specific loctite work for screw pins on bracements and Pam lugs? I read a The Zigmeister post referring to using loctite on his Pam and also someone else on their HBB on the case screws. Comments?

Hi David, yes bracelet screws was explicitly stated and watch screws in general. Loctite 222 weak screw/thread-lock is the way to go for all the watch stuff, according to a lot of posters in that particular thread.

Edited by 801run