When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Ultimate 111

statikman

Just got this today. Excuse the q&d iphone pic. A little 40th birthday/ 10 year anniversary present from my wife. I of course sourced and paid for it. Her contribution was giving me permission to do it. ;)

A 111 has always been my grail watch. I've had 3 reps of it but last year I sold all my reps to start collecting gens. TBH, once this went on my wrist, the difference between rep and gen is negligible. I like that I now have one but is it worth 10 times the price even second hand? Definitely not. Little fit and finish things are noticeable probably only to us, but even a slightly modded rep will look pretty damn good next to this.

Regardless, I'm thrilled.

Reps were my gateway to gens, so these companies shouldn't worry so much about our little hobby.

post-348-1244671274_thumb.jpg

Wear it well. Nice story and happy birthday :)

The 111 was my first rep (got it of Paul of abey years back). It died because I went diving with the CG in the open position. I saved a few thousand euros that day (it could have been a gen, my stupidity couldn't care less for the price tag). Prior to that day it had withstood a few good dives.

Now that I think about it, I should get a pam111 as a tribute! Where did you get yours? :)

Bought it from "risti from a guy financing his 312.

My first was Abay 111G. Loved it.

Second was a trip to Thailand, sweet 111H, third was from River, which I planned on modding but am too lazy.

Now that I have this and a sweet gen collection, I'm thinking of getting some reps again. I can't afford the next level of gens.

Bought it from "risti from a guy financing his 312.

My first was Abay 111G. Loved it.

Second was a trip to Thailand, sweet 111H, third was from River, which I planned on modding but am too lazy.

Now that I have this and a sweet gen collection, I'm thinking of getting some reps again. I can't afford the next level of gens.

Sweet, but how much$?

$3900 PP'd and shipped. Came with a Heroic 2 watch travel case, a new Panatime gator strap and deployant and a pack of Cape Cods. I would rate the watch at 98%, as the watch looks new save for a tiny strap change scar and the OEM straps are virgin. I immediately put it on a BOB until I get something special. I'm thinking big, gnarly croc.

Edited by statikman