When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Having Trouble With G-10's

vlydog

I am on my 3rd G-10 from three different sources. My gripe is not with quality but with fit. The buckle portion of the strap usually falls almost at the back side of my wrist closer to the top of the watch. I would rather have the buckle hit some where near the center of the bottom of my wrist. Am I being too anal? Is there a solution?

Advice please...

Thanks, vlydog

Well B.. there is no way around getting the buckles to "drop" to the bottom.. which is the way we in the US are used to wearing timepieces.. but like the German Pilots and say... the genuine Panerai straps.. it seems more common sense not to have the buckle ride on the bottom of the wrist..and I actually have grown to like this style.

but as far as the G-10 goes.. I like the EU style where the buckles are visible to the lugs. .. but it used to drive me nutz to have the tongue flapping around and loose..

I see a lot of members with the tongue end of the strap flapping.. arrrgghhhh :yuk:

I have never seen a pic with the proper way to wear one of these so I just improvised and tucked the tongue into the same keeper that I pull it through at first..

the Bond Strap looks messy.. the black G-10 on the 9411 is the way I like to wear it.. B)

rolex16800029.jpg

rolex16800030.jpg

rolex16800031.jpg

rolex16800032.jpg

rolex16800033.jpg

I really like the look of the metal keepers right outside the lugs.. it's very meaty and macho.. B) .. I think it lends character to the strap and watch case.. if you don't like it .. I would suggest the "Zulu" 3 ring.. that way you can manipulate the metal rings to drop on the underside of your srist.. but then .. IMO it makes the strap look just very "nylon".. :)

50520258.jpg

you gotta go with Maratac ... bestest.. thick nylon good ss.

77930422.jpg

Hope that helps.. it's a much cleaner look to fold the tongue back into the keeper.... maybe that has been the problem for ya.. B)

A~C

Lani

Lani-

I wear my G10's the same way you do on your Snowflake...

IMG_3548.jpg

And my buckle is always offset towards the outer side of my wrist. Sometimes a bit uncomfortable, but I'm getting used to it.

As an aside, I will say that I prefer my Blacksteel on the G10. It fits the wrist tighter, feels less top heavy and has less tendancy to flop around/ride up/spin etc.

Lani-

I wear my G10's the same way you do on your Snowflake...

IMG_3548.jpg

And my buckle is always offset towards the outer side of my wrist. Sometimes a bit uncomfortable, but I'm getting used to it.

As an aside, I will say that I prefer my Blacksteel on the G10. It fits the wrist tighter, feels less top heavy and has less tendancy to flop around/ride up/spin etc.

B) .. Smooth as glass Ubi !! Nice combo !

Agree 100 the heavier timepieces do well on the G10's and Zulus... it really gets rid of any top heaviness. :)

this is my TP with 5 ring Zulu it is oversized 1mm larger at the lugs but it fits fine.. it just gives it a little more beef..hehe

I think I'm gonna source a Zulu PVD with red stripe for my Blacksteel.. ;)

iwcceramicwzulu5ring001q.jpg