When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An okay Monaco?

metaljesus

Okay okay before everyone flames me, I know that there are no proper reps of the Monaco out there. Aparently having the seconds at 3 is too hard to copy. I've just spent a couple of hours reading everything on this forum with turns up in search results for 'Monaco' and Im still left with one question:

What is the best Monaco rep out there, and where do I get it?

I've looked at every dealer linked from this site and while theres alot of stupidly bad looking monacos avaliable, this one on kingwatches.net seems to be the only option that is visually correct dials:

TAG-013-1.jpg

For some reason it comes with a band with Monza markings though:

TAG-013-4.jpg

But I guess that isnt a big deal. I'd really preffer the steel braclet anyway so will probably try and find one that is similar to the real thing.

Anyone out there got any link or recommendations for the blue faced model? Yes I know it wont be perfect, but that might be okay.

Thanks for your help.

Well done... you've done your research. :)

Most Monaco reps are cheaper ones and not built up to the 7750/ETA watch standards. With those cheap reps there are no definitive, long standing models (such as UPO, etc.)... they just come and go and there's too much variation to give any definitive answers.

Basically, you have two options: Quartz or Asian Automatic 21 faux chrono. I recall I saw some pretty nice Gulf Monacos just lately.

Happy hunting!

PS: Fixed your image links. src= code won't work.

That a great tip, thanks Soonerwatch!

Their new site is www.ebuy4cheaps.com.

Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Its such a pity that there so many ridiculous looking Monacos. What is it with white dials on black faces. The casings for about 50% just look silly. There are a couple of passable ones though with more less accurate visuals.

I really thought these would have been popular enough to mean decent fakes.

-mj

• 2 weeks later...

If you wind up buying from them let us know what the watch is like. I just received a cartier roadster from them and the communication was great, watch arrived in 5-7 days, & they helped me with a special order request. The quality is good and what you would expect for the prices. I am now searching for a monaco rep. Would like to pick one up used form the forum but might wind up buying from ebuy4cheaps.

That a great tip, thanks Soonerwatch!

Their new site is www.ebuy4cheaps.com.

Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Its such a pity that there so many ridiculous looking Monacos. What is it with white dials on black faces. The casings for about 50% just look silly. There are a couple of passable ones though with more less accurate visuals.

I really thought these would have been popular enough to mean decent fakes.

-mj

Yeah I dont plan on buying one any time soon. Even if they are cheap, theyre not good enough for me to be happy wearing so any money spent would be a waste.

Prices on 2nd hand ones on ebay have dropped from $2400 12 months ago to about $1800 now. So in the next year or so I might buy a used one, or wait for a decent rep.