When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nato Strap How-to

Pugwash

I'd like to apologise for the unworked photos, but I really couldn't find the motivation to photoshop 15 instructional pictures. :D

It is getting to the ridiculous stage when you feel you have to apologise for that :D Fine work, and it doesn't matter if the pics are a little dark (ahem!! :g: )

Incidentally, to hijack the thread completely, does anyone know if any of our dealers are carrying the CG'less vintage subs these days (Silix used to but are now showing them as 'out of production'), as I've been dying to buy one to wear with a NATO.

Incidentally, to hijack the thread completely, does anyone know if any of our dealers are carrying the CG'less vintage subs these days (Silix used to but are now showing them as 'out of production'), as I've been dying to buy one to wear with a NATO.

Nice Hijack! :Jumpy:

I've been looking and I've not found any apart from the "Out of stock" ones on Silix Watch. If you find any, let me know.

Although, if you do find one, you have to wear it with a crappy 16mm or 18mm NATO just like James Bond. If it looks like it's the right size strap, it's wrong. I presume this was a prop error, but ...

It is getting to the ridiculous stage when you feel you have to apologise for that :D Fine work, and it doesn't matter if the pics are a little dark (ahem!! :g: )

Apart from the last pic. That's one of the finest Sub pics I've ever taken. :blink:

102410-25924.jpg

Oh, in case no-one's noticed in my sig, but I've got a gallery page up and running finally.

It's at http://pugwash.cat5.org/

Nice guide...

As for the lugless Subs, I remember luckyyy had these, possibly TTK too? Except luckyyy's disappeared as far as I know, and I haven't been keeping with things lately.

Pug, excellent how-to....but for god's sake....are there seriously people who can't figure out how to mount the head on a NATO strap?

I don't want to confirm the number of PMs I get, but the problem is that until you have one in front of you, it looks odd. The how-to isn't for people that have bought one, it's for people who don't get it because they've only ever seen photos of them.

If you're on the fence because you're not sure if your watch needs special lugs or if the strap has funny fastenings, this post will demystify the NATO strap for you. :D