When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will formula 1 crisis increase watch prices?

vikkyrob

If Formula 1 fails and all the teams leave, then next year we will have a new racing elite. Will the original Tag Formula 1 become more desireable over time or drop in price? I have two gen Tag Heuer Formula 1's and want to canvas opinion as to whether people will snap up these watches before they change forever or wait to buy next years model?

Cheers

Rob

(must stop posting after a few beers as I wake up the next morning and realise I have posted crap!!)

I don't know about highly unlikely!! F1 has an massive following and most of them will buy anything with F1 on it somewhere!! My Father (Thunderchild) has a gen Maclaren Merc F1 Link TAG. On the caseback it has the 2 drivers, David Coultard and mikka Hakkinen, and the Mclaren team boss, whos name has just flown out of my head!! I hate that!! But I would expect that to be worth a nice sum, even before all this furore with F1 at the moment. Mikka beat the Legend that is Schumacher to an F1 title, David Coultard, the great Scottish hope at the time and was always destined to win a title but always ended up with wicked fast drivers, or rubbish cars!!

I think you may find that some of the Ltd Editions and team specials may have just jumped up over night!!

Sixx :bones: